Ratings for Dr. James J. Runfola

I HAD AN APPT TODAY AT HADDONFIELD FAMILY PRACTICE AND I WAS COMPELLED TO LEAVE A DETAILED COMMENT/RECOMMENDATION. I HAVE WORKED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO HADD. FAM. PRACTICE FOR APPROX. 5 + YRS. THE STAFF IS ALWAYS PLEASANT/ FRIENDLY AND EXTREMELY THOROUGH/EFFICIENT. I HAVE BEEN AN EXTREMELY SATISFIED PATIENT OF DR. RIDILLA'S FOR THE PAST 5 +YEARS. I MADE A LAST MINUTE APPT TODAY DUE TO A PAINFUL PERSISTING CYST. THEY IMMEDIATELY FIT ME IN WITH DR. RIDILLA'S ASSOCIATE, DR. RUNFOLA. ALTHOUGH I WAS INITIALLY ANXIOUS TO BE SEEN FOR THIS ISSUE BY A DOCTOR I HAVE NEVER MET MY ANXIETY IMMEDIATELY DISIPATED AFTER MEETING DR. RUNFOLA. VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE / PROFESSIONAL. I TRULY RECOMMEND THIS PRACTICE TO ANYONE SEEKING A NEW PCP!! -DANIELLE-

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

No question, everything reviewers wrote re: Dr. R is fact -the best. Wish I could give minus -10 stars for staff. Rude, short, everything is problem for them, doing you a favor answering the phone- totally unhelpful on all fronts! do they know who is paying their salary. Receptionist gets the prize for the worst!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Runfola is very compassionate and takes time to talk with you; thus sometimes it is a long wait. I agree with others, the staff, with the exception of one, is rude and has that "could not care less" attitude. Some have been there for years and no one can figure out why. If it were not for Dr. Runfola, we would have left a few years ago.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

I recently became a patient here but I am not too thrilled... I had a fairly long way for a weekday morning appointment. Also, Dr. R said he would be giving me a shot in the office, but completely forgot to do it. It wasn't until I was on my way home and checked my receipt that I realized I didn't get the service I was going to be billed for.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. J as my family calls him, is definitely the best. Down to earth and will pretty much let you self-diagnose if you trusts you know what you are talking about. Few doctors have the confidence to work around your own unprofessional (but personal) diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Fantastic Doctor. He's one of the new that actually takes the time to listen and explain. I'm sorry I can't say the same for the staff of the office though. They are mostly unhelpful, miserable, curmudgeons intent on making your experience as awful as possible.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I adore him! Funny, kind, knowledgable! Yes, he spends a great deal of time with each patient, which is amazing in today's world. I also agree re: staff...though I tend to mostly ignore them, they have never smiled or said a kind word extraneously.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Admittedly, I had to wait over an hour to see Dr. Runfola, but now I understand why and conceed that it was definitely worth it! I was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune condition and he spent a whole hr - that's right folks, an unheard of, whole hour - listening to my story and explaining in great detail, aspects of the disease that not even my specialist dr's cared to share. I can't say that I've been over-the-top particular about primary care physicians in the past, but now with this autoimmune condition, I'm very happy that I chose Dr. Runfola. I only hope that his office staff don't turn-out to be as disappointing as some on here have described. Big thumbs-up for Dr. Runfola!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

He's the best family doc I've seen in my 47+ years. He takes time to explain things and is willing to answer any and all questions. He's open to reviewing less invasive and/or alternative treatments. And...no, I'm not a relative or stakeholder, just a satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I agree. I think Dr. Runfola is the best. He has helped me with all of my concerns and problems. He's the best. Never leave the area.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

Dr. James J. Runfola's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1997)