Ratings for Dr. Kimbra Bell

I am a former pleased patient..while I was perfectly healthy. However, once I developed several chronic symptoms March 2010 (joint pain, low iron levels, headaches, extreme fatigue), Dr Bell carefully took the time to discount each of my concerns. Even to the point of telling me that I was suffering from depression and anxiety and creating my own symptoms likely brought on by stress. Over the course of 6 months to 1 year of being discounted that my symptoms were nothing more then depression and anxiety, yet I continued to get sicker and my health declined rapidly, I then decided to get a second opinion at Rush Medical Center where I was quickly assessed and sent to 9 different specialists based on my symptoms. *As it turns out, I was actually diagnosed with SLE (lupus) and suffered from adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism, dysfunctional uterine bleeding which caused severe iron anemia that required several ongoing IV iron therapies and metabolic syndrome. Pretty far off in diagnosis

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Dr Bell's bedside manner is very poor. I did not connect with her at all. I'm still confused as to what happenned!! She seemed unknowledgeable and just plain ole uninterested in me or my chronic condition. Maybe it was a bad day but, I won't be back!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr Bell is an amazing doctor. She takes the time to listen to what your problem is and she is spot on with her diagnoses. She is very proactive in keeping you healthy, running various labs to catch any problems early. I highly recommend dr bell to anyone seeking an excellent doctor in the chicago area.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Excellent bedside manner. Patient, listened to my questions, allowed me to be my own health care advocate.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Bell was recommended to me by a friend. She was very prompt, patient, and knowledgeable. She works fast, but effectively. She ordered tests that very day to check two medical conditions I was concerned about, and gave me results the next day. I'm actually looking forward to my return appointment!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2006

Dr. Kimbra Bell's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Delta Dental