Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James D. Hakert

My experience with Dr. Hackert over the years and two different conditions has been very positive...I have learned to trust and respect his guidance and treatment... He operates in OUR reality of "can't know what you don't know..." and he does a terrific job of bridging that gap! His office has always created a supportive, friendly environment...NO intimidation factor! THX, Dr Hackert

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr Hakert was recommended by my Dr. He was every bit as good and nice as i was told. I felt very safe in his hands. Thanks!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

He does not diagnose correctly. Only on it for the money. Does not listen.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. James D. Hakert's response
Providing a positive patient experience is very important to my practice, and it is always concerning to hear when a patient did not feel that we delivered the healthcare or communications necessary to meet their expectations and needs. I would encourage any patient with a question or concern regarding my diagnosis or treatment recommendations to let me know and we can discuss in person or by calling the office at 214-368-6707. I’ll return the call at my earliest availability. Thank you.

Submitted May 3, 2017

Good experience with a wonderful staff and knowledgeable doctor. Only blips were with insurance and a long wait after check in. I would highly recommend Dr. Hackert.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Hackert is the best. He explains things in layman's terms but at the same time does not talk down to you. He answered all my questions and explained what treatment is needed and how it works. Very personable and caring.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Hagerty is an extremely great doctor. J. Calvin Smith

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Does Not Listen. Does Not Care. I could get the same advice from a magazine at the grocery store. Does NOT know enough to think outside the obvious. Do NOT go here.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Hakert is the best. I am 35 years old and have been fortunate to never have surgery or even be put to sleep. Dr. Hakert did an excellent job and I am glad I picked him

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Hakert was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone !

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Great doctor. Will always use him. However, my last procedure was 90 minutes late and no one came to check on me or advise when the procedure would start.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. James D. Hakert's response
While I’m pleased to see this patient received great care, I’m concerned about the long wait time noted in the review prior to their procedure. I wanted to thank them for bringing this to my attention, and I’ll go over this with my staff to see if we a process that needs to be corrected. Providing a great patient experience is very important to my practice, and I appreciate all patient feedback for both acknowledgement and areas we can improve upon.

Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. James D. Hakert's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a board-certified Gastroenterologist with almost 20 years of experience in the Dallas TX area, my staff and I will provide the highest quality care for you and your family. Excellent medical care not only involves prompt and compassionate service, but also active and ongoing patient education throughout the evaluation and treatment process. I find that patient satisfaction is highest when they are able to effectively participate in their health care decisions. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and digestive disorders including particularly important health maintenance roles such as colon cancer screening.

• English

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1986)
  • University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (Grad. 1989)

• Colon polyps