Ratings for Dr. Stanley M. Knoll

He did 2 surgeries on my families and did an excellent job. Thanks a lot Dr. Knoll and friendly staff at your office as well as in GW hospital. God bless you all...

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

This guy is very rude and uncaring, but seems like a good surgeon. I would not return to him because of his rotten attitude.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

My experience with dr Knoll was excellent. He investigated thoroughly my nodule before recommending thyroidectomy. The surgery went smoothly and he is very experienced in this type of intervention. He allways took the time to explain me in detail every step of the treatment. I fully recommend him and I consider myself lucky having him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Thyroidectomy performed by Dr. Knoll at GWU in May 2009. Excellent office visit, surgical and post-surgical experiences with Dr. Knoll.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

After complications during surgery he didn't know what to do. Thanks to my other doctor who went to the hospital to see what they were (not)doing, I was "only" in the hospital after surgery for about 10 days. Dr. Knoll was clueless about the problem he created - which although rare with experienced surgeons (lucky me!) is one of the most common complications from the surgery he performed. As I was in the hospital with severe symptoms, Dr. Knoll insisted the symptoms were being created by me (as in anxiety attack even though my bloodwork made it obvious it was NOT in my head). He also dared to say the complication had happened because I "was weird". Yeah right... all of my doctors since then don't know if they laugh or just stare in disbelief when I show them all the bloodwork from the hospital and tell them the name of the doctor and the things he said at the time. I did do a lot of research before my surgery. If only Dr. Know had not inflated his experience with neck surgery. RUN!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

Excellent thyroid surgeon with unparalleled reputation. Worth going outside my insurance plan.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

I have never been so humiliated in my life. I went to see Dr. Knoll in regards to a cyst I needed removed. He said that it was something he could do, but he required for me to get a cosmetic consult first. I responded by saying I was concerned that since it took me a month to get in to see him I was worried about how long it would take to go see yet another doctor and that I would try, but could not promise to see a cosmetic surgeon given that my insurance was due to run out in a month.<p> He replied that he would not treat me without a cosmetic consult <b>due to the fact that I was a pretty young girl, and not a fat, hairy man.</b> He went on about the fact that he would treat an unattractive man without a consult at length.<p> He is heartless, and could care less that I was at considerable risk for losing healthcare if treatment was delayed. Please don't ever refer this man to anyone, he discriminates against women and is unmoved by the hardships of regular people.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

don't ever go see this doctor!! He is the worst!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. Stanley M. Knoll's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1968)