Ratings for Dr. John P. Smith

This man should not be practicing medicine. He is a rude, obnoxious and horrible person and Dr. I don't give him ANY stars b/c he deserves none, but the form forced me to give him at least one, which he doesn't deserve.. And his nurses were cold and unfriendly as well. I dreaded going in to each and every appointment, b/c he never examined me or cared about my health. He just asked what kind of medication I needed and that was it. I'm shocked that he is still in practice. The AMA or whoever is in charge of looking after Dr.'s in CA. needs to take a look at this monster and revoke his license. (Or make him go through medical school again!) He gets nothing but F's in my book ~

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr Smith has been very free with re-filling my husband's prescription meds. Now, my husband will be going in for treatment. When we spoke with Dr. Smith a year ago...he didn't think my husband was using too much. Thank you...I also appreciate that at my last appt Dr. Smith had a difficult time standing and I had to correct him as to where "my" gallbladder was!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Smith does not take time to listen to his patients. He does a 1-10 second exam and then walks out the door without saying a word. The nurse then comes back in to explain your diagnosis and to give you a prescription that you may or may not want. I was a patient of his for over 3 years and it was the same every time. I now have a doctor who listens to my concerns and has taken me off four of the five prescriptions that Smith prescribed for me. If you are looking for a doctor that doesn't ask questions and feeds you medication after medication then this is who I would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

He is the most horrible "Doctor" I have ever encountered in my life. I've had to see many types of Doctors, because I have been very sick over the years, but he is by far the worst. He humiliated me in front of the staff for crying, by pretending to cry in front of the nurse while he was telling me I deserved to be treated that way!! (For crying) Then he said that it was people like me (On Medicare) that is messing things up for doctors!! He is rude and doesn't give a hoot about any of his patients. I honestly don't know how he manages to hold his license. Thank you for giving us a place to grade the people we put our bodies in the hands of. They're not all good guys who care ~

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

He could care less what you have to say as a patient. One time he took a personal call on his cell phone while in the exam room with me.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

After waiting for 45 minutes in the waiting room, then over an hour in the exam room, I left after the head nurse came in and was rude and abusive because my lab results had not come in - like it was my fault they didn't receive them. I finally walked out - but they would not refund my co-pay.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

He does not listen. Several time after a two minute visit, I had to call him back from the hall way to ask him questions. He just does not care about his patients.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Does not care about His patients treats them like cattle !!! NEST ????

flag | Submitted December 29, 2005

Dr. John P. Smith's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)