Ratings for Dr. Kathleen M. Curtis

Dr. Kathleen M. Curtis has been my primary care physician for the past 12-years and one of the very best in her field. I have recommended her numerous times and my friends have also been delighted with her care. I will give her and her staff 5-stars.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Doctor Curtis and all at Capital Family Practice are outstanding. I doubt any of these old negative ratings are real patients. The newest definety isn't. Dr. Curtis is so caring and passionate it is laughable to think she has one greedy bone in her body. I found her on Angie's List. To put things in perspective she has over 66 reviews there all straight A's. So who are you going to believe people who pay and have to leave their name so the doctor can verify they are a patient or a site like this.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I feel like the staff and the doctor are too concern about getting their money. I wish the Dr was more caring about her patients health rather than billing the insurance :(

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

After reading some of the comments made years ago I feel it is unfair at this time to rate her so low. She is a very good caring doctor. Her office staff years ago was really awful, rude and not helpful at all. The staff they have now is more than helpful, especially Jose. The nursing staff is great and so are the lab techs. Everyone is very friendly and the wait time is not long at all. The office has been remodeled, also.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Curtis for over 5 years. I never sit in the waiting room more than 5 minutes, even when I'm early. Her staff has always been very curteous. She always gets into the exam room quickly. She is very pleasant and thorough through exams and explains what she's checking. She is patient and attentive when I answer her questions or tell her any symptoms I've had. I don't feel rushed when we discuss what she's found and any recommendations. When I ask questions, she explains it to me until I understand her response. She is the best GP that I've been to.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

You can depend on Dr. Curtis to followup on medical tests even when the Specialist Dr. who ordered them doesn't. To me that speaks well of her.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I was really ill. Doctor refused to see me due to an outstanding balance of $175, my husband had for a missed visit (? Illegal BTW).I paid. Doctor saw me. They than returned the $175 saying was a PC mistake. Never apologized. Can a Doctor refuse services for an outstanding balance they claimed my husband had. Dr. Curtis than tried to sell me Flue Shots in May, GYN services I go to my OBGYN for (she claimed I wasted my time and $ going to a specialist),and other STD preventive shots/vaccines. She is a salesman in a white coat. I kept going back hoping I just had the wrong impression, but I did waste my time and $ with her. Finally, with all the extra charges they put on your bill you'd think she would have a nice office...think again.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

Even though I am their patient they turned me away when I most needed them. They want to me to wait 5 days to come and see them when I have been sick for few days already. I am switching this Doctor...Terrible practice!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Just moved to area. Based on BC/BS -top rated practice. Based on my experience, they are not. The doctor I saw did not examine me, ask my family history or past medical history, or seem to care that I was there. She was more interested in my husband who also had an appointment. They put us both in the same room. Once I realized that my health complaints did not matter, I left the room and went to the waiting room. While waiting, I asked for my co-pay back since I really did not have any type of a visit that was worth paying for. The receptionist told me that she would ask Dr. Curtis. She then went back to her desk and ignored me. When my husband came out, I asked the receptionist if was getting my money back. A nurse then began to tell me that I was seen, that there were notes in the system, and that I needed to leave. I was accused to cussing, which I did not. As I was leaving, the nurse told me "**** You." I will never go back here. No recommendation from me.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

This practice is so going downhill. I have been going to them for 25 or more years. Lately they are not following up after my husband had an x-ray for a possible broken bone. Would not call the radiology center for results. Also, I feel they do not listen to want you are trying to tell them. I am going to look for a new practice. I feel that if you have anything but the usual everyday illness like the flu or a cold their knowlege is limited. Also, having to call for test results after waiting two weeks and having the nurse say did we order this test is really scary. Seems their waiting room is having less and less patients waiting for their appointments - wonder why?

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

Dr. Kathleen M. Curtis's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1994)