Ratings for Dr. Caetano J. Coimbra

Dr. Caetano is an excellent Dr. I had a surgery and he followed very well. I really recommend him for any patient. His staff were excellent and called me several times until I could see him. My name is Roger and my e-mail is rmelo@rpm-tronics.com. This is real person and real patient.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Was the best back surgeon I have ever! When no one else gave me hope of a speedy and complete recovery, I was out of the hospital and back home within 4 days. I was back to minimal activity within 2-3 weeks.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My 85 year old mother fell and fractured her neck and her back. Dr. Coimbra was assigned to her in the hospital. When my mother was sent to the nursing home the therapists there informed me that her neck brace did not fit her correctly. It took two weeks for the doctor's office to return my call. They did not return the nursing home's calls. I was told that they could not help me with the brace or tell me who to call to get one that fit correctly. It took many hours of research to finally get the help I needed. When they finally got my mother in for an appointment Dr. Coimbra did not exam my mother at all. He did not speak to either of my parents or even look at them. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr. Coimbra is an outstanding surgeon, one of the best in the country. I had a clival chordoma brain tumor and an expert in that brain tumor at Loma Linda hospital stated that Dr. Coimbra had done the best resection of my tumor she had ever seen. Quite literally, Dr. Coimbra saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

my wife was referred to dr Coimbra to have her pituitary tumor removed and after waiting over 2 weeks for their office to call we called them and were told that he wouldn't do the surgery due to it being too complicated without an endocrinologist being involved well were confused because she was referred by an endocrinologist so we informed them of this and they said they would tell the dr and get back to us. we waited again for over a week and half and no calls so we called them back and waited 3 days with no call back so we called again and this time were told that he said he was not going to do the surgery because her prolactin levels were normal we asked if he considered the fact the tumor has grown 5mm in a year being on medication to shrink it and that she is having such horrible side effects from the medication and the tumor and we asked if we could make an appt to see him to go over everything with him and she said no he will not see you and it doesn't matter about your symptoms he said "NO". My wife was very upset so I called and asked if I could speak with dr myself and I was told no and not to call their office anymore. I don't believe their office is very professional or courteous. It was some of the worst patient care weve ever seen. Thank god weve found a good neurosurgeon who will be taking care of my wife now.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Coimbra took on my case - tricky tumor that was impacting my vision. He explained everything to me, and I was in surgery in less than a month. Time was not on my side. He is very experienced, confident, and a proven surgeon. I know I can see today, and have had minimal complications because of his excellent surgical skills. He visited me daily while in the hospital. He has been great post operation as well. I will always be grateful for Dr. Coimbra and his surgical team for removing the tumor so flawlessly. If surgical option is your only course of treatment - I would strongly recommend Dr. Coimbra for your surgery

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I had a Chiari Malformation that was causing my life to be miserable. Before speaking with Dr. Coimbra I had spoken to two other Dallas area neurosurgeons, and neither of them were as knowledgeable as Dr. Coimbra. He explained what was happening, why and how he could help. I had surgery, and have recovered remarkably. I was out of the hospital in four days, and back at work in less than a month. I credit my quick recovery to the skill of my surgeon. Before surgery I spent hours researching my condition, and the surgery. One of the factors in recovery time is the incision. I have the smallest incision of any I have seen, and it was stapled together flawlessly. Dr. Coimbra is absolutely arrogant, he believes that he is so good he doesn't need to arrive to appointments on time, nor should he have to repeat himself. I don't need him to hold my hand and be a gentle soul, I needed him to have the skill to do the operation properly, which he absolutely did.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

when I was in the middle of my search for a neurosurgeon, I found Dr Coimbra who respected me as a physician and made my wife and children feel comfort about my tumor and the surgeries that we planned for my care. He was kind and warm, reassuring my family.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

I traveled over 1500 miles for a consultation regarding my multiple mengeiomas. Upon my arrival, I waited 2.5 hrs for the MD to enter the treatment room. I have worked as an ICU RN for over 25 yrs and was SHOCKED by his arrogance and lack of caring. The week before he demanded I be in his office for emergency surgery on Christmas. On the day I arrived he spent less than 5 min with me to inform me that I didn't need surgery and that the tumors were NOT causing me aphasia, headaches, nausea/vomiting or incoordination. He recommended NO followup care. He refused to answer ANY questions. He refused to refer me to another physician. I spent thousands of dollars to travel to this self proclaimed "expert" to be only have my tumors/cancer minimilized and trivilized. He is a sad, cruel and barbaric excuse for a human being!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011