Ratings for Dr. George W. Smiley

Trust me, you want to avoid Dr. Smiley at all costs! My tooth almost had to be pulled after he worked on it, as it wasn't done correctly or even completed. He just said it should be better the next day, then dismissed himself by saying he didn't want to work on it any more because it was getting late. I was in great pain for days with an badly infected tooth afterwards. I also had been made to pay full price in advance for the work, which he never completed. When I called his office in the days following so that he could finish the root canal, he mysteriously wasn't available and had no appointments available. I just couldn't believe it. I left phone messages and then an email for Dr. Smiley, and though the receptionist assured me that she personally walked the messages over to him, when I finally talked to him he pretended not to have received any of the messages. Instead, he said his receptionist was disorganized and a liar. (!) I never received the refund or completion of services he promised, and I wound up having to pay someone else to fix the botched operation, nearly losing my tooth in the process. I've never encountered that level of incompetence with any medical professional; it was nothing short of a nightmare.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014