Ratings for Dr. Barry COHEN

In writing this review I hope to: A) provide fair warning to new potential patients B) provide some suggestions for improvement to the business owner. With any review of a medial service my feedback is related to both the Office Staff as well as the Doctor. My experience with the Office Staff was unlike anything I have experienced in a professional environment. I had a few needs that required having to contact the front office, make a few additional visits to the office to pick up products and requesting additional billing details necessary to fulfill my medial claim. The woman who informed me she was the 'manager' of the front office was incredibly rude and treated me as though I had something terribly wrong when I requested simple information. She was passive aggressive and condescending in her tone towards me - the opposite set of professional skills this position should possess. I truly hope that the business owner listens to voice of their customers and their complaints so that they can make the necessary changes to course-correct. My experience with Dr. Cohen was pleasant and easy. It was what I have come to expect for typical eye exams and contact prescription assessments. The reason I have weighed this portion of my experience with Eye Concepts is because he issued a weaker prescription than what I have had in the past. I trusted his advice and unfortunately am having difficulty with my long distance and night vision, and therefore need to get a new exam to get the corrected prescription. In all my experiences dealing with eye doctors, this has been the worst. I believe in our society we vote everyday in how we choose to spend our money, and I suggest not 'voting' for this business in its current condition and the makeup of their office personnel.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

I've been going to him and his dad for years. Sad to see his dad passed, but he is sure making him proud by doing an awesome job. Can't forget about Miss Vicky either and her awesomeness. The glasses that he offers are very cool and fashionable. If you need a second opinion on the look of the glasses just ask because he's good at picking them out.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014