Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Gordon

During an office visit, I was given a walking boot as part of my treatment for plantar fasciitis. Reston Podiatry Associates billed my insurance $500 for the boot. My insurance allowed $243.10. The exact same boot can be had on Amazon, from multiple sellers, for around $40. I had not met my deductible for the year, so this gouging cost me over $200 out of pocket. It was explained to me that I'd signed a generic form stating that I would pay whatever amount my insurance didn't cover. But, I had mistakenly assumed that ethical procedures would be followed. Billing 12.5 times the cost of the boot, even if my insurance accepted only 6 times the retail cost, is outrageous, in my opinion. I attempted to return a completely unused boot, but they would not accept it. Apparently, since I left the office with it, it was unreturnable. Had I had any inkling what they were going to charge, I would not have taken it. The staff told me repeatedly that it was my insurance company that set the rate. Then why did they try to charge $500? To squeeze as much as they could out of an unsuspecting patient and/or his insurance company, in my opinion. This is just wrong. The staff could not have been more indignant about it. Lesson learned. Always ask how much a practice will bill for even the most common, easy to get items. I have been to other podiatrists that marked up over-the-counter orthotics, for example, but only by 10 or 20% max (quite reasonable), but not by 500%.

Submitted August 15, 2016

I was given an appt a few days after my request, seen by Dr. Gordon on time, where he correctly diagnosed a very swollen and scarred ingrown toenail, and performed the surgery all in one visit. He was kind, compassionate, and very efficient. We were very lucky to have found him. His staff is also extremely nice and my toe is healing beautifully. I am young but have several health problems so when I find a good doctor, I like to sing their praises. If you have issues with your feet/ankles, go see him soon! :)

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Dr. Steven A. Gordon's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Manassas, VA