Ratings for Dr. Jane V. Buongiorno

The times I saw Dr.Buongiorno she was caring and genuinely tried to help me. She never once talked about her own life, but even if she had I'm sure it would have been in the context of trying to help me understand something. She was extremely careful about what she said to me and very professional. Therapists are allowed to speak about something that might have happened in their own life if it is beneficial to the patient. So there's nothing wrong with that. I will say that she doesn't exactly have a warm personality but that doesn't mean that she doesn't care. Some counselors openly express more empathy than others. You're free to shop around.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Unfortunately I cannot confirm the positive reviews below. I was very disappointed with this therapist. She did not show real empathy and instead talked about her own personal life on several occasions. This person appeared to be professional at first but her professionalism quickly went downhill.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

My husband and I saw her together and she gave some helpful advice. Unfortunately, the choices in Wilmington for short-term inpatient care are very poor if you are looking for a high quality of care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I had some relationship issues and I would recommend this psychologist because she is smart, straightforward and very understanding and supportive. And as a woman seeing another woman, you don't have to worry about dealing with a male psychologist who is hitting on you, like the infamous psychologist in Wilmington whom you can read about.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Janë is the most insightful therapist I've ever talked with. She really listens and genuinely cares. She is especially good at helping women with depression and anxiety. And her husband is a psychiatrist. I would recommend her to anyone who is seeking a trustworthy, kind, caring psychologist. She's fantastic!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Jane is very helpful in looking for solutions to problems. She is the best psychologist I have ever seen and I have seen many. She also worked effectively with my young daughter. She played board games with her, and used art therapy.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013