Ratings for Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen

Twelve years ago, Dr. Rasmussen performed a partial hip replacement on my broken hip. This last Jan., my arthritic hip joint on the other side was giving me fairly constant pain and I walked with a limp. I was unable to walk for exercise or hike and hunt, my hobbies. Surgerical procedure has improved since my first hip replacement. The anesthesia was a spinal block along with something that made me sleep deeply. I woke rested and feeling well. Healing is almost complete after 4 weeks. Mahalo!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I recommend Dr Linda J Rasmussen. She took plenty of time to give me a preview of the experience and then delivered on her promises. She works out of Castle Hospital. The team at Castle is extremely kind, efficient and competent. Every time a shift ends, the person leaving gives a verbal download to the person coming on duty...that download of information about me was done in my presence to avoid any errors in communication or omission. I have never experienced a more careful attention to details critical to my well being...7 weeks and I'm healed and enjoying my life as I haven't in a lot of year...Mahalo Dr Rasmussen and Castle Hospital

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I have followed Dr. Rasmussen for over 2 years as well as a few others in Hawaii. When I finally decided to have knee surgery I decided I would have her do it. That was 6 weeks ago and I’m here to say that it was the best decision I’ve ever made. I waited on this review to see how my knee was doing after 6 weeks. There really is no pain in my knee except for walking up steps and walking down a steep incline which I believe will get better in the weeks to come. It's not really pain but just a little soarness.My new knee is much stronger than the other one. To accomplish this you MUST keep up with the therapy. If you do then you will be walking with a little pain in just a couple of weeks. I am an entertainer and I was back on performing (on a limited scale) 10 days after surgery. You can barely see my 6” scar. F.Y.I , I am 65 years old and 195 lbs. If you are considering knee surgery then you need not look any further than Dr. Rasmussen. But, please do your own research. In June I plan to have the other knee done and it’s a real blessing that don’t have to search for or worry about finding a great doctor. Dr. Rasmussen, thank you helping get my life back on track! P.S. I could not say enough good things about Castle Memorial Hospital. They treated me like I was the only person they had to take care of. Aloha, Jim McLemore P.S.S. Rent a motorized lazy boy for the 1st. 2 weeks

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Rasmussen recently performed total knee replacement on both my knees. These surgeries were done five weeks apart. The surgery and physical therapy went very well. I now have full range of motion and feel great. I've got my life back again. Like so many others I wish I had done this a long time ago. Dr. Rasmussen was confident that I should do the surgeries back to back and she was right. I'm so pleased with her expertise and the warmth she shows to her patients. I highly recommend her and the staff at Castle Medical Center.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen objectively evaluated my condition and provided an honest and immediate assessment. Her knowledge and competency is unparalleled and I had complete trust in her opinions and advice. I never expected to need a partial knee replacement at my age, but after a blundered previous surgery by another doctor, it was necessary. The experience with her was night and day from my first surgery and I would not hesitate to go back to her if further surgery is ever required. She is a consummate professional and it's reflected in the care each patient receives both before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen is an awesome surgeon.In the past five months she has replaced both of my hips. I am now pain free, more stable and back to enjoying life. Happy with the results of the first hip replacement I wanted to postpone the second one. Dr Rasmussen convinced me not to wait. She was so right! Recovery the second time was much easier with one hip already stable. I don't worry about falling anymore. Dr. Rasmussen is highly skillful. She listens and she cares.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Totally satisfied with my hip replacement. Recovery was quick and smooth. My stride and gait have improved, so what I thought were symptoms of my Parkinson's disease appears to have been caused by my deteriorating hip. Felt very confident with Dr. Rasmussen as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr Rasmussen did an amazing job with my TKR. I'm a 36 year old whose been overweight most of my adult life. I met her at my point of no return, bone on bone, bone spurs, etc. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Dr opted to do surgery on me with little hesitation despite my age. I am recovering great and look forward to sharing a healthy, pain free life with my kids. I would recommend Dr Rasmussen to anyone needing a TKR. I feel she truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr Linda is so good. She explains everything, even showed me the X-rays and explained what the situation was She did my surgery on April 25, 2016. She has someone taking notes as she examines me so her records are very complete. I highly recommend her just as she was for me. I'm so happy I found her. Physical therapy is not fun but I know it really helps. I will be going back to the "Y" and getting into the swimming pool. Thank you Dr. Linda

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen did my second knee replacement surgery on Feb. 8, 1916. Dr. Rasmussen did my first one about 6 years ago. They are both doing excellent. Because of all my arthritis pains, that Dr. Rasmussen has taken care of for me for the past 15 years I have not been able to walk or do regular exercises. Last summer I told her I needed to do water therapy because I wasn't doing any exercising. So she wrote me a prescription for water therapy and I have been doing it ever since. After going to the therapist for about 2 months she wrote out my program for me and I have been doing it on my own ever since. It is the best thing I have ever done. I highly recommend it to anyone who is having knee , hip or arthritis problems. I go to the pool 3-4 times a week and do my program for about an hour. Since I had been doing the water therapy for 7-8 months before my second knee replacement surgery my recovery went so much better than my first knee. I went back in the pool about 3 weeks after surgery, you have to make sure the incision is completely healed so you don't get infection in it. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to do the therapy in the pool. No gravity!!! After surgery I also went to land therapy for about 3 weeks. On Friday 5 days after my surgery I bent my knee to 120 degrees. Dr. R and my therapist said it was because I had been doing water therapy for 8 months before my surgery. Four months after my surgery my knee is completely back to normal. I highly recommend water therapy for everyone who has these replacement surgeries. Don't be afraid of the water, the therapist is excellent and she will help you gradually with your exercises. you don't have to swim strokes. I walk back and forth across the pool for 15 min, then using a noodle lay on my back and kick back and forth across the pool, and then sit on the noodle and ride it like a bicycle for 20-30 min. Also I have leg kick and knee bend exercises I do holding onto the side of the pool. So GO FOR IT and get in the water, I am addicted now, you will never regret it. It beats land therapy by a mile.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Kailua, HI