Ratings for Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen

Dr. Rasmussen recently performed total knee replacement on both my knees. These surgeries were done five weeks apart. The surgery and physical therapy went very well. I now have full range of motion and feel great. I've got my life back again. Like so many others I wish I had done this a long time ago. Dr. Rasmussen was confident that I should do the surgeries back to back and she was right. I'm so pleased with her expertise and the warmth she shows to her patients. I highly recommend her and the staff at Castle Medical Center.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen objectively evaluated my condition and provided an honest and immediate assessment. Her knowledge and competency is unparalleled and I had complete trust in her opinions and advice. I never expected to need a partial knee replacement at my age, but after a blundered previous surgery by another doctor, it was necessary. The experience with her was night and day from my first surgery and I would not hesitate to go back to her if further surgery is ever required. She is a consummate professional and it's reflected in the care each patient receives both before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen is an awesome surgeon.In the past five months she has replaced both of my hips. I am now pain free, more stable and back to enjoying life. Happy with the results of the first hip replacement I wanted to postpone the second one. Dr Rasmussen convinced me not to wait. She was so right! Recovery the second time was much easier with one hip already stable. I don't worry about falling anymore. Dr. Rasmussen is highly skillful. She listens and she cares.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Totally satisfied with my hip replacement. Recovery was quick and smooth. My stride and gait have improved, so what I thought were symptoms of my Parkinson's disease appears to have been caused by my deteriorating hip. Felt very confident with Dr. Rasmussen as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr Rasmussen did an amazing job with my TKR. I'm a 36 year old whose been overweight most of my adult life. I met her at my point of no return, bone on bone, bone spurs, etc. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Dr opted to do surgery on me with little hesitation despite my age. I am recovering great and look forward to sharing a healthy, pain free life with my kids. I would recommend Dr Rasmussen to anyone needing a TKR. I feel she truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr Linda is so good. She explains everything, even showed me the X-rays and explained what the situation was She did my surgery on April 25, 2016. She has someone taking notes as she examines me so her records are very complete. I highly recommend her just as she was for me. I'm so happy I found her. Physical therapy is not fun but I know it really helps. I will be going back to the "Y" and getting into the swimming pool. Thank you Dr. Linda

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Rasmussen did my second knee replacement surgery on Feb. 8, 1916. Dr. Rasmussen did my first one about 6 years ago. They are both doing excellent. Because of all my arthritis pains, that Dr. Rasmussen has taken care of for me for the past 15 years I have not been able to walk or do regular exercises. Last summer I told her I needed to do water therapy because I wasn't doing any exercising. So she wrote me a prescription for water therapy and I have been doing it ever since. After going to the therapist for about 2 months she wrote out my program for me and I have been doing it on my own ever since. It is the best thing I have ever done. I highly recommend it to anyone who is having knee , hip or arthritis problems. I go to the pool 3-4 times a week and do my program for about an hour. Since I had been doing the water therapy for 7-8 months before my second knee replacement surgery my recovery went so much better than my first knee. I went back in the pool about 3 weeks after surgery, you have to make sure the incision is completely healed so you don't get infection in it. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to do the therapy in the pool. No gravity!!! After surgery I also went to land therapy for about 3 weeks. On Friday 5 days after my surgery I bent my knee to 120 degrees. Dr. R and my therapist said it was because I had been doing water therapy for 8 months before my surgery. Four months after my surgery my knee is completely back to normal. I highly recommend water therapy for everyone who has these replacement surgeries. Don't be afraid of the water, the therapist is excellent and she will help you gradually with your exercises. you don't have to swim strokes. I walk back and forth across the pool for 15 min, then using a noodle lay on my back and kick back and forth across the pool, and then sit on the noodle and ride it like a bicycle for 20-30 min. Also I have leg kick and knee bend exercises I do holding onto the side of the pool. So GO FOR IT and get in the water, I am addicted now, you will never regret it. It beats land therapy by a mile.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

After almost 10 years of knee pain, I was so relieved to have found Dr. Rasmussen. I was used to a busy, active lifestyle and that all came to a halt once my knees were diagnosed as "bone on bone." Walking was painful and became a chore -- I no longer had a joy for shopping, traveling, etc. I knew I had to do something as meds/shots were not helping. I walked lopsided with a limp opposite whatever knee was hurting the most that day. The "favoring" of one leg over the other started to impact my back/hip. Weight gain due to no exercise only compounded my problems. I didn't know what to do, as another doctor had told me I was too young for knee replacements. Thankfully, at age 59, I had my first TKR by Dr. Rasmussen in June of 2015, followed by another one (left knee) Jan 2016. Surgery itself was a breeze, felt nothing. The entire process from the time you arrive for surgery is so organized....never witnessed such precision in a hospital. Dr. Rasmussen is extremely caring and "real" ... she promotes quality of life over the whole "age" thing. I was so apprehensive about surgery but Dr. R. is a straight shooter and I could talk to her about my concerns (even though she's extremely busy). Glad I did the surgeries...physical therapy was as tuff as I expected but I knew from all my research on the subject that I had to give 100% effort to ensure full bends and extensions. The staff at Castle are "2nd to none" when it comes to these joint procedures. I was well cared for in a clean, private room, and contrary to rumors, the food was great....not an adventist menu. Looking forward to many active years ahead....now that I have two strong legs to stand on!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I had gone to a doctor here on Maui who told me he wouldn't consider a knee replacement until I walked in using a cane. I left his office and right away called Dr. Rasmussen's office for an appointment. Ten years earlier my dad had both his knees done by Dr. Linda, and he had gone to her after 4 other orthopedic doctors turned him down because they said he was already old.. She understood how active he was, and how his knees had hindered his lifestyle. She understood my knees had kept me from distance walking lately and unless she fixed it, I was washed up! Dr. Rasmussen made room to see me and get me into surgery. Knowing I had flown over from Maui, she and her staff accommodated me. The whole process is absolutely amazing. A well oiled machine! The hospital experience is so well thought out, with the staff explaining everything along the way. I never was nervous because I felt well taken care of. I had a backpacking trip planned 7 months after surgery, and Dr. Rasmussen and my PT assured me I'd make it. I did! I was able to carry a 50lb pack, and felt confident that my new knee was working perfectly. I know I will be getting my left knee replaced in a few years, and will only see Dr. Rasmussen to do it. I promise you she is the best!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Being a surfer I was putting off surgery as long as possible as I was afraid of being out of the water too long with total knee replacement. Mako plasty was the answer and I am enjoying being back in the waves. Dr. David Tipton

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp