Ratings for Dr. Erich T. Wyckoff

Dr. Wyckoff, attempted to shame me for having HSV-2, making it seem as though my only option was for him to perform a cesarian. when I asked him how he planned to monitor my babies heart rate, he said " Well you are a big woman, so we'll probably have to monitor internally. When I asked about birthing at home, he said that he wouldn't suggest that because I could kill my baby, and if he wasn't the one to be there, I could end up giving my baby cerebral palsy if I wasn't in the hospital. I was not respected, I was continually disrespected and the things he said to me were just plain rude and ill mannered.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

He is an amazing doctor that takes the time to listen to your concerns and addresses each one. I had the privilege of him delivering all of my precious babies without any complications. I highly recommend him for any of your Ob/Gyn concerns.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I had to revisit a botched hysterectomy done in the Caribbean 8 years prior and Dr. Erich T. Wyckoff was highly recommended by a nurse at Shands At The University of Florida Medical Center. I was very skeptical initially, however after the consultation, I felt comfortable that I had made the right choice. My procedure was complex with complications. The trauma team had to be called in during my surgery as I had adhesion which compromised my colon and a portion of same was removed. Dr. Wyckoff was always professional, patient, caring, answered all of my concerns and was very informative. He has wonderful bedside manners and even kept my family members abreast with the surgery after the procedure. They too felt the genuineness of Dr. Wyckoff's concern and care. The post op visits were great and he has a great sense of humor. I did not feel as if I was just a patient, I fell like a member of a family. Kudos to Dr. Wyckoff and his team for making a very difficult situation bearable and manageable. Thank you Kim, Gloria, Jennen, Greg, MoRondah, and Christine for your kind and caring treatment while I recovered. I will continue to recommend Dr, Wyckoff and UF Shands to my colleagues and a Foundation in my country that assists women experiencing challenges, discomfort and pain due to fibroids.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Wykoff is truly a GODSEND! I am a mid 30's professional experiencing pain due to uterine fibroids. We only seen and planned to remove 3 fibroids. However, during robotic surgery he found more and got rid of them all. After surgery, it took me 3 days to pass gas, so I could be discharged. He checked on me after the surgery a few times which made me feel that he professionally & personally cared about ME and the procedure. Nine days after surgery, I was pulling a few weeds in my garden and packing for vacation in Aruba! Today, I feel and look great...I believe!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2013

His first words "oh, you're an OB patient, I do mostly GYN". He was my follow-up appt after an ER visit @ 20 wks. He told me that I didn't need the medication prescribed by the high risk specialist in the ER (and which I'm in extreme pain without), ordered the wrong blood work (so I needed to have blood re-drawn), and didn't put any of the information I shared with him in my chart (so I needed to remember and repeat a month later at my next visit with a different OB). He didn't "bother" listening to baby's heart rate, because the ultrasound tech did. I'm not even sure why my insurance company would pay for this visit. The only positive of the visit was that he was nice to my toddler.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I went to Dr. Wyckoff because he was supposed to know a lot about endometriosis. All he does is push Lupron and doesn't really seem to want to treat you unless you take it. I found a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Dr. Erich T. Wyckoff's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)