Ratings for Dr. Lee S. Pollack

The things that are most important patient care, customer service, sympathy, and tact are all things LACKING by the individuals in the office especially Lee Pollack himself. Reading older reviews, it seems as if he has let himself go into complacency and greed. We got there early and had to wait nearly an hour to be seen….a recurring instance from other reviews His staff is rude and unprofessional, we walk in and greet the front desk clerk with a smile and hello….and get a “fill this out” with no eye contact or warmth….but that isn’t a huge surprise because it’s clear he prefers money in his pocket and will hire whoever will take the pay and throw on some scrubs. Walking into the office of this “private practice” you are immediately met with an inordinate amount of signage, most of it pertaining to making sure you pay or you will NOT be seen. Now this isn’t an unheard of idea, especially with private practices, but the signage was obnoxious. Moreover, this place was dirty/dusty and sloppily put together (which is the complete opposite you see in normal private practices that require $$$$). The furniture in the waiting room and patient rooms were mismatched, old, and dirty, the walls were filthy, the floors needed to be swept AND mopped…the whole experience left you feeling uncomfortable. Turns out we were waiting for results that had been sitting in his office for several weeks. Now I understand that you wait for an appointment, but when the results are potentially positive for a neurological disorder, you communicate sooner. When I asked about the time delay, he blamed the labs for not sending results in a timely fashion, but he did not comment on when our results came in. The onus was on him to call us and say “hey I can’t see you in a decent time, but I suggest you try to go in and see someone else….or let me squeeze you in at the end of my day so you have all the information you need.” He did not give us the respect or consideration. That shows that he is lazy/ doesn’t care about his patients by the fact he let these results sit for so long. He just cares about his bottom dollar. At the consult, he haphazardly explained lab results to us and when I asked more poignant questions about follow-up tests, his experiences with the results, and other things, he began stammering over his words, sweating, and once he realized that he was talking to someone that knew about the subject (and that he was not appropriately answering the questions) began to exclaim he was uncomfortable with my presence there and tried to withdraw from the consult. This was not my consult or HIS consult….he made the time about him (forgetting he took an oath to help people, even if he was uncomfortable with my questions and concern). When a clinician answers a question without thinking or consulting with his constituents (or telling you he will) is a bad sign that they are narcissistic and believe they can tell you whatever they want…… He suggested we do some research and decide which treatment to start……WHOA WHOA WHOA…..that is something YOU are supposed to do?!?! He had no treatment plan in place. He spoke about medicines off the top of his head, mis-pronounced some of them, and mis-represented what some of them do; clearly another indication of his lack of preparedness and consideration! Beware of this guy.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

ThIs doctor uses a tv tray as his desk in exam rooms. There are holes in the ceiling and filth on the medical equipment

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Knows his stuff. Just don't ask him for a referral, even if he tells you that you need to see another specialist. Serious issues with getting copies of records, referrals, calls returned. It's as if his staff doesn't care at all.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Pollack is an amazing doctor. Yes you have to wait two hours to see him but he spends an hour with you. My only problem is the HORRIBLE office manager she has a stick up her butt! She is so rude and does not care about any of your problems or concerns and make that very clear! If you get past her I would recommend Dr. Pollack .

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Brilliant! Best physician for complicated medical conditions. Extremely compassionate and does not rush appointments. I may wait up to three hours, but he has frequently spent over an hour with me and never less than thirty minutes. Diagnosed rare disorders and stabilized condition. Patient for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Found new dr with too many issues with staff. Office manager is not helpful, defensive and came across rude. Wait time is over 2.5 hours and nobody cared about your time.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

This doctor is by far the WORST doctor my son hads ever been to. Appt was made, then was told he had no appt, then was told week later that he did have appt. We have been sitting in waiting room for 2 hours now waiting to see doctor for an appt made weeks ago. Ofc staff is VERY RUDE too!!! Would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy!!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Poor staff professionalism and trickles down from the office manager. Wait time 1-2.5 hours. I know that Doctors are busy but there should be consideration to his patients and their own lives & schedule!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Lee S. Pollack's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1987)