Ratings for Dr. D. Demosthenes

The staff is horrible here. If you want to maintain your privacy don't go to this office! !! I had several test performed while I was her patient. I had pap smears and was tested for stds and hiv per my request. I was enraged that when the results came in they actually left it on my voicemail. The results were not normal and should not have been left on a patients voicemail that anyone could have heard. It was not just one time either. I had an abnormal papsmear and they not only left those results on my voicemail but also on my parents. My parents were listed as emergency contacts and I even put that my information not be shared with anyone when I filled out my paper work. My dad called me and told me what my test results were. Thank God when I was tested for STD'S they didn't call him with the results!!! Its pretty sad I had to learn that I haf cancer cells on my cervix and needed a biopsy done from my dad. I was appalled. I should have sued her office for violating my privacy!!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing this doctor when I was pregnant. I had several questions to ask but after she listened to the baby's heartbeat she said, we'll see you in a month and started walking out of the room. I started asking one of the many questions I had and she said, "Oh, you have questions?" I wanted to say, "Yes, thank you for asking." I don't care if my doctor is warm and fuzzy necessarily but I do care if they ask me if I have questions or concerns about my pregnancy! She delivered a baby for my co-worker who said she was "very rough." I would hate for her to deliver my baby! She may be knowledgeable but she is NOT considerate and caring!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

This Dr. gave me bad memory of my first child's birth to last a life time...She rushed me causing me undo pain(I had no pain killers)and she caused me undo pain when she did things to me and then saying whoops I forgot you did not have pain killers...She has no personality and seems to act as though she cares but the way she treats you says otherwise.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

This doctor has a horrible bedside manner. I saw her for my very first gynecology exam only because I was having problems. She tested me for every disease and I told her that wasnt neccessary. She then did an ultrasound and started yelling at me because I would not spread my legs wide enough due to the pain she was causing me. I was having horrible cramps and it turns out that my only problem was ovarian cysts. She made my first visit an experience I will never forget and I am still traumatized by the experience that I will never see a woman doctor ever again. She should be an alligator trainer and get out of the medical field or maybe she should take some classes on compassion. I wonder how she treats her family. I could not imagine seeing her through a pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

RUDE, INCONSIDERATE....WHY DO THEY GO INTO MEDICINE WITH NO COMPASSION?

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr. Demosthenes, although not very "warm and fuzzy," is extremely knowledgable and thorough. If you need to be "babied," you might need to go somewhere else. However, if you are concerned more with thorough, conscientious care, she is fabulous.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

This is the worst doctor in Greenville SC or at least one of them. She has the compassion of a snake, is rude and seems to have no respect for anyone but herself. She misdiagnosed me causing me to delay a surgery that was extremely necessary. Every time I meet a pregnant woman who is going to her, I tell her to please go somewhere else. Word of mouth is very powerful and it will catch up with her one day. I also saw Dr. Ellis and found him to be a very pompus man and would not recommend him either. Like the saying goes, 'ANY doctor is 'great' IF you do not have any problems. If you have a problem is when you find out how good the doctor is or isn't". Enough said.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

This woman was very rude, seemed extremely uncaring. I agree with the other person who posted about her TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER. A chainsaw is a good analogy. I went to this doctor for a regular pap and never went back. The staff acted like they didn't have a clue what was going on. I also would never, ever recommend this "doctor". This woman should not even be a nurse much less a doctor!!! Patients beware!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

This doctor is not my doctor, I usually see Dr. Bailey who is wonderful but when I was 12 weeks preg and started bleeding she was the one in the office who could see me. She acted like I was not important and without any compassion what so ever told me that I had miscarried. When I got upset she told me that it happens and not to worrie. She did not even take the time to look back at my history and see that it took FIVE years for me to get conceive. She really dosent fit in with the rest of the doctors in the office.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

She is very rude, has the bedside manner of a chainsaw. I was so thankful she was not on call when I went into labor. However, the other doctors in this practice are very nice and helpful. Dr Bailey delivered my 10 lb baby vaginally without performing an episiotomy and without any major tears.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

Dr. D. Demosthenes's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)