Ratings for Dr. Joseph H. Sewell

The staff at dr.sewell's office are rude and very condescending. I had waited 2 months for my appointment,I was extremely early for my appointment, however I had forgotten to check my wallet for Co pay money and had to have my 19 year old run to the bank to get cash. Before they moved if I had not brought enough money for the Co pay they would tell me to bring it next time.... but no not this time. The secretary told me if my daughter was not back in a minute then they would have to reschedule....Are you serious, I have chronic pain and fibromyalgia and am in extreme pain. His nurse then comes to the front and yells at me no what you are going to do is leave now and we will make a new appointment. I said no I want to see the dr. She then tells me he is behind 4 patients and doesn't have time for me that I need to leave now. I got loud and told her what is her problem I'm not leaving til I'm seen she continued to yell at me like I was a dog who had pooped on her bed or something....then threatened to call security on me....a few days later I got a letter saying dr. Sewell would no longer be treating me and I need to find a new dr. After 4 years of being a loyal and good patient are you kidding me...all I have to say is good luck.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

It is a miracle if you can even get back to see Dr. Sewell as he employees the rudest staff I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. They are condescending, abrupt, and uncaring. Should you happen to get back to a exam room, you will wait an exorbitant amount of time before you see Sewell and while his bedside manner is great, the time he spends with you is limited. You are unable to get an appointment in under six months and do not just show up at the office hoping to be seen for any acute illness. You will not be allowed back.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Has always been very helpful and knowledgeable. Husband sees his NP, Cindy and is very satisfied as well.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

He has an assistant who is supposed to spend time listening to your concerns, perhaps becuase he doesn't want to take your history himself. But instead, the assistant tells you all about her own medical problems. She told me she would talk to him about my health conditions and assured me he could help. But it seemed like he didn't really listen to her or understand the reason I was coming to see him. Very messed up practice.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Joseph H. Sewell's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Dothan, AL