Ratings for Dr. Anthony Urbanek

Very pleasant staff and office, but the proof of the pudding is in Dr. Urbanek's understanding and method of correcting my TMJ. 8 weeks into using his device, I continue to be symptom-free from the jaw pain, my headaches have gone and several other symptoms that I didn't think were relatedQ

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

My long standing neck, and jaw pain, headaches and more recent ear pain, were almost eliminated by the use of the TMJ splint. I was so glad to find a painless and non invasive treatment for these symptoms. Very knowledgable, personable,professional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I had a blocked salivary duct which he handled in one session. Professional, friendly, and courteous staff. Everything went smoothly and on time. The insurance coordinator was great and professional. His assistants are welcoming and make you feel comfortable. — W.GC. *

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I came to see Dr. Urbanek after dealing with multiple symptoms (headache, numbness on one side of my face and down my arm and leg, shoot jaw pain and neck pain). The onset of the first headache came on so strong, which felt like a electric ice pick hit me in the head in July 2014 and after multiple work ups by my physician, neurology, chiropractor and even rheumatology, I only had minimal relief for short periods of time and medications that made me sleepy, forgetful and just not myself and still had the same headache going into 2016. My dentist recommended meeting with Dr. Urbanek to see if he could help with this ongoing issue. After meeting with him and going over my particular case, he reassured me that he knew what was causing my issue and would be able to help me with a devise that I would wear in my mouth. He is the first one I had met with that gave me a glimpse of hope that he had a definite plan and we would see results. I am happy to say that after wearing the devise for just at 2 months, my symptoms have improved about 80%! In fact, within the first 2 weeks I began to see an improvement. The devise is easy to wear and I had no problems adjusting to it. I just wish I would have come here 2 years ago when all if this began. — Gina

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Before visiting Dr. Urbanek, I believed that there was no hope with curing my symptoms. I was having headaches and pain in my shoulders. I also had ear aches that stem back as far as childhood. Dr. Urbanek diagnosed me with TMJ and recommended a device, called a splint. The best way to describe it is a retainer that provides relief to my back teeth. At first it was uncomfortable to wear, but I am so thankful I gave it the chance it deserves. Within a week, I was already experiencing changes in my symptoms. Now two months later, I am so greatful for the change it has made in my life. Without constant pain, I am more active and enjoying so much more of my life. I would encourage anyone to go see what this device can do for you. Thank you so much Dr. Urbanek and your staff!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had jaw pain, earaches, headaches and even tooth pain (especially in the mornings) for about 6 months before coming to see Dr. Urbanek. I tried different mouth guards with no success. Now after 3 weeks of wearing the splint he recommended for me, I have gotten relief from 90% of my pain! I would recommend anyone with these symptoms to call him today! Don't wait until it gets unbearable! — Carol M

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I have the biggest phobia when it comes to oral surgeons and dentist. I had 4 wisdom teeth that had rotten and infected cracked tooth. I would have continued this way but the pain was unbearable. I made an appointment ,Dr Urbanek told did same day extractions. He was very friendly and direct in telling me what to expect. He has impressed me so much that I will be seeing him for the rest of my dental care. He is GREAT! And the staff all are Heaven angels! They made a patient for life with me!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Before I came to Dr. Urbanek, I had this awful pain in my jaw that made it difficult for me to do simple tasks such as eating, chewing and even just talking. I also always had these terrible headaches but thanks to this device for my jaw, my symptoms are, for the most part, all gone and I no longer have to deal with the pain anymore even though my jaw still pops. I recommend this product!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Very professional and staff was helpful and friendly. Took only 10 minutes to get my top 2 teeth out, couldn't have asked for a better docotor to handle my surgery.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr Urbanek is thorough, informative and professional. His staff is pleasant and knowledgeable of their job. Thanks for another procedure well done!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Anthony Urbanek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

One of the leading oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the country, Dr. Tony Urbanek serves communities throughout Williamson and Davidson Counties. A board certified practitioner by ABOMS (American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), Dr. Tony Urbanek has earned an impressive list of recommendations and referrals from patients who regard his work highly. Dr. Tony Urbanek offers excellent surgical care for oral pathology, facial nerve damage repair, snoring, oral cancer and sleep apnea remediation, among others. Showing an unquestionable commitment to his patients, Dr. Tony Urbanek addresses their concerns and understands their needs by leveraging his 30 years of experience in the field. Developing a professional relationship right from the start, he alleviates much of the discomfort and anxiety typically associated with these complex procedures. Dr. Tony Urbanek respects the time of his patients and aims to complete each appointment in an efficient and effective manner.

• English

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37232 (Grad. 1979)
  • John Carroll University (Grad. 1969)
  • Indiana University/Purdue University Indianapolis (Grad. 1973)
  • Vanderbilt University (Grad. 1979)

• TMJ disorders
  • Impacted wisdom teeth
  • Wisdom tooth extraction
  • Dental implant surgery
  • Cleft lip and cleft palate
  • Sleep apnea

• D.D.S. "With Highest Distinction"
  • Omicron Kappa Epsilon (Dental Honor Society)
  • Senior Paper Award, Indiana University, School of Dentistry