Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

After suffering years of hip pain, I sought Dr. Eilerman and at 44 had total right anterior hip replacement. In 7 weeks following surgery, I was able to to on a family vacation in Florida to multiple theme parks with no issues. One day I even walked 25,000 steps! I am thankful for the great care I received. My surgery truly has changed my life and activitiy level.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. Eilerman performed my total hip replacement using the anterior approach. He did an excellent job explaining the surgery and what to expect before and after. I was able to walk a short distance several hours after surgery. The next morning I walked twice around the entire loop of the hospital ward. Hospital discharge was 24 hours following surgery. After discharge, Tylenol was sufficient to control my minor pain. No opioids. At 2 weeks I walked w/o a cane, walked normally up and down stairs and drove a car. No nerve damage in my hip or leg. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman. He’s simply the BEST!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

Dr. Eilerman recently performed an anterior total hip replacement on me. Everything at UOS/UTMC was explained in detail, and the process went very, very smoothly, and the recovery was amazingly quicker than that of friends who had similar (older) procedures.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Dr. Eilerman is the best! He performed double hip replacement surgery (bilateral, anterior) on me in March 2018. Everything went perfectly! I was walking 3 hours after checking into my hospital room with almost no pain (1 on a scale of 0 to 10) , climbing stairs the next day, and home in 2 days. My quality of life has improved dramatically. I can do things I have not been able to do for years and wish I had done the surgery sooner. He is a great communicator, answered all my questions, even the engineering ones about composition, durability and mobility of the hip joints. I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I am blessed to find him!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Very Satisfied with the surgery no pain or swelling and hips are doing fine!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Had hip replaced and excellent in all respects - Dr Eilerman is exceptional in my book !

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

One of the best doctors I have ever had. Staff is exceptional and very professional. I had a hip replaced using the anterior approach and am extremely happy.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Wonderful Doctor, wonderful staff, wonderful results! Surgery was a breeze...didn't even have to take a pain pill when I went home.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

After 7 months of pain I am now tpainfree. Dr. Eilerman was able to replace my crumbling hip and now I am able to live life again. The staff was there to answer my questions and to ensure my comfort. He is a true professional.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Dr. EIlerman has performed both knee and both hip surgeries for me during the last four years. He and his staff have always treated me with respect and care. He is a superior surgeon with a superior team who are highly skilled and knowledgeable in this field. I recommend him without any reservation. Thank you, Dr, Eilerman, for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Michael S. Eilerman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)
  • University of Dayton (Grad. 1983)

• Hip replacement