Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

Dr, Eilerman did a right hip replacement for me 6 weeks ago, using the anterior approach. I've had an amazingly fast recovery and great results. He's not only good technically, he has all the qualities I appreciate in a physician: attentive, asks questions, listens carefully, gives full explanations, but doesn't waste his time or mine.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

DR. EILERMAN AND HIS PHYSICIAN'S ASSISTANTS (BRAD AND BEN) ALLOWED ME TO HAVE THE MOST POSITIVE SURGICAL EXPERIENCE OF A TOTAL RIGHT KNEE REPLACEMENT ON 6-15-17. THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONALISM ARE AMONG THE BEST. THIS WAS MY FIRST MAJOR SURGERY. I WAS OFF THE WALKER AND CANE TWO WEEKS POST-OP AND MY NEW KNEE IS DOING GREAT. I ALREADY RESPECTED HIM AND HIS WORK AND HAD COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN HIM BECAUSE HE HAD PERFORMED 2 KNEE SURGERIES ON MY SISTER WITH GREAT SUCCESS. HIS OFFICE STAFF AND HOSPITAL STAFF WERE SO KIND AND COMPASSIONATE WHICH MADE THE PROCESS EVEN MORE COMFORTING. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HE AND HIS TEAM. I ALWAYS RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE IN NEED OF ORTHOPEDIC ATTENTION.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

After just a little over 2 months from hip replacement surgery, I am exceeding expectations. The constant pain I endured is essentially gone and improving daily. Dr. Eilerman is everything I could have hoped for in an orthopedic doctor. I highly recommend him. Friendly and informative. Helped me understand the process from beginning to complete recovery. His office staff and PA were outstanding as well.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Superior doctor, staff and hospital. Excellent service, care and follow up. Pain free and doing great! Highly recommend Dr Eilerman and his team! My entre experience was fantastic and recovery is going really well!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Great surgeon and hospital! I am not experiencing any pain.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

THR March 2017. Dr. Eilerman and UT medical Center did a fantastic job. Less than 2 months after my procedure, I am pain free and recovering well. They exceeded my expectations. I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

It was an excellent experience from initial visit to surgery to recovery.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

6 weeks post op anterior total hip. Surpassed my expectations. I am almost 100% back to normal activity. Extremely happy with my results and him and his staff. His offices were very efficient as well as himself!!! Can't say enough good things!! Great experience!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I am 6 months out now and very pleased with my total hip replacement done by Dr. Eilerman. I have no limp or pain. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

If you need orthopedic services, I fully recommend, Dr. Eilerman. He and his staff are top notch. I recently had a total hip replacement. Everyone from the front door to the doc himself have been very helpful. The doctor is very knowledgeable and uses the very latest techniques. I have to have the other hip replaced soon. Dr. Eilerman will be performing the procedure.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Michael S. Eilerman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)
  • University of Dayton (Grad. 1983)

• Hip replacement