Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

I had the anterior hip replacement surgery 7 weeks ago and am amazed at how well things have gone and how accurate the information I received proved to be. I tell everyone I know that Dr. Eilerman is fantastic and the staff on the joint floor were outstanding. I wouldn't consider letting another surgeon do hip surgery. I felt I was lucky to have this type hip replacement as few doctors in Knoxville are really doing this with the support staff he has.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Intelligent, professional and outstanding surgeon. He performs the anterior approach method and the results are amazing. He explained everything from beginning to end and a book is given by the office on who to call for particular questions. Any problems are handled by Dr, Eilerman immediately. His before and after care is clear and concise. Would recommend him to anyone in need of this sort of surgery.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I have to give him the benefit of doubt. He is intelligent,very neat,sharply dressed and very professional.Someone has to pay the bills.Did you see all the overhead? You are going to get 5 minutes,so you better have your questions ready .You get treated the same anywhere you go.Too many boomers.No time to shoot the breeze .

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr Eilerman treated me for a hip problem. I had an excellent result. He has a great bedside manner. I have recommended him to several of my friends

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

doesn't spend time with patients... botched surgery. Find yourself a surgeon that will spend time with you & answer your questions PRIOR to surgery, don't pay for it later!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I went to Dr. Eilerman experiencing pain in my right hip. He was very kind and attentive to what I was telling him. After being x-rayed, I was found to have severe arthritis and Dr. Eilerman suggested injections first to see if this helped. After several injections, I was still having pain. Dr. Eilerman suggested a hip replacement. This was scheduled in a timely manner. I am happy to say I am now pain free after my surgery. Dr. Eilerman and his staff could not have treated me better and I think he is a wonderful surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

My husband was seen by Dr. Eilerman for elbow pain. Dr. Eilerman asked several questions regarding my husbands pain. He then did an xray and found that a cortisone injection would help with his pain. Since the injection my husbands elbow has felt wonderful. Dr. Eilerman was very punctual, very knowledgeable, and very personable. I would and have recommended Dr. Eilerman to everyone!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

I left this group after this Dr. did my knee surgery and told me that he wasn't Superman, when I told him that I still had pain! He is very cocky and not helpful at all ! He was 2 hours late for my surgery at UT, and never apologized or anything! Would NEVER recommend!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

I couldn't have been more disappointed in Eilerman's quality of care. I had a knee injury, and instead of asking alot of questions and getting to know the nature of the injury, he sends me to get an X-ray, only to find no fractures. Then, he scheduled an MRI. For results, I was scheduled for his first appoint of the day (7:40am) so I wouldn't have to miss time from work. He arrives over an hour late. Triage nurse calls me back even before he arrives to work. When he finally showed up, he acted as if I was inconveniencing his morning. No apologies, no handshake. He gives me a report saying the MRI was clear, and offers no other explanation as to why I have instability issues on my knee. No further exam. He simply gives me a referral for 6 PT sessions and walks out of the room. I would recommend that no one waste their time seeing this physician nor anyone in the University Ortho surgeons group. In less than 5 min of face time, his group probably got $3500 or more from my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Michael S. Eilerman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)
  • University of Dayton (Grad. 1983)

• Hip replacement