Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Eilerman

Great recovery, should of done yrs ago. Thanks.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

A great surgeon. I had a total hip replacement, Would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone needing a hip replacement. And a 5 star to UT Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Eilerman did both my hip joint replacements, excellent Dr. And Staff. would recommend and visit him for any further orthopedic issues.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I had total hip replacement 2 weeks ago. After 3 days I was walking without the use of a cane or walker! Amazing recovery with very little pain or discomfort. I would highly reccommend Dr. Eilerman. I was back practicing dentistry in one week!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Have had two hip replacements with Dr. Eilerman, both went extremely well, great recovery time with both hips.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

My hip replacement surgery and recovery went as smoothly as possible thanks to Dr. Eilerman and the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Eilerman is extremely professional, caring, and competent. He explained my options and the replacement surgery and aftermath in great detail. Within a week I was walking without a walker or cane. The post-surgery pain was minimal. I credit Dr. Eilerman with these great results. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

My husband (67) had hip surgery in March 2016, the results were excellent. We are so impressed with this group of doctors. In fact, my 87 year old mother was experiencing a lot of pain in her hip, she was so impressed with my husband's success, that she had a hip replacement in November 2016. She now has no pain and is able to walk without a walker. I would recommend him highly...and my mother says she is his biggest fan!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

The best hip surgeon!! Has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him over any doctor I have seen.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Eilerman is one of the Best Hip Replacement surgeons in the world. I was walking the same day of surgery. In a week I No longer used any assistance like a cane to walk. In 6 weeks I just walked 4 miles with no hesitation. I feel Great and pain free for the first time in 15 years. Thank You Dr. Eilerman!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I had the anterior hip replacement surgery 6 weeks ago. It went very well and I am able to be very active. Dr. Eilerman was very helpful in putting me at ease prior to surgery. He spent quality time answering my many questions. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Eilerman for anterior hip procedures. His staff is also very friendly and helpful. A great experience.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Dr. Michael S. Eilerman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)
  • University of Dayton (Grad. 1983)

• Hip replacement