Ratings for Dr. Ellen McEwen

Rushed to E.R only to be berated for "decision making abilities" referring to my work and education. Went on belittling me assuming I was homeless right after I told her I had 2 homes. No compassion whatsoever go elsewhere to heal

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr McEwan treated my bronchitis and was very knowledgeable, thorough and patient in explaining my condition to me. She was very helpful in explaining the effectiveness of the medication I was using. Also the staff at MBUC were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend her and MBUC to anyone for good medical care.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. McEwen's for years... She was most professional, prompt, clear with any diagnosis, attentive and had wonderful bedside manner

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. McEwen's while she was practicing in Carmel. I saw Dr. McEwen a few days before she left the practice in Carmel and moved to Urgent Care in Monterey. I never received the results of my visit to her right before she left. I called her at Urgent Care to follow up multiple times and she kept blowing me off, and telling me at first that my records were in storage and she couldn't help me. Then she said to call the lab company myself for my results. I did, and they told me only a Doctor could call in. I called her back and left messages with her staff yet I still never heard from her. I finally walked into the office myself to get an answer, and she started yelling at me, telling me she didn't work in Carmel anymore and she didn't have my records. What is the point of going to the doctor if you don't get the results? She called me later to apologize for her blow-up, but still I would never use her as a Doctor again. In fact, I avoid Urgent Care because of her.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010