Ratings for Dr. Tyshunda L. Manning

So during all my prenatal visits I was very pleased with Dr. Manning and her staff at the clinic. She was always nice and friendly as well as realistic about what may happen with her being at the delivery. The actual delivery there after was a very different story. I'm thinking that part of it may be that I delivered at Froedert which is a teaching hospital and had students working on me quite a bit but even under her guidance things went very wrong. My daughter got stuck and Dr. Manning was ducking in and out of the room for over 3 hours while I was trying to push her out to no avail. The head nurse that was with me was also not really advocating for me and was even telling me to not push the button on my epidural because it wouldn't do anything anyway at that point and I wasn't actually feeling pain. Really? This was was first child and knowing something was wrong because I was getting no results after pushing for so long was terrifying. After Dr. Manning came back, again, and finally realized what was going on she called someone in to use a vacuum to assist the delivery. While this was going on Manning performed an episiotomy (which she stressed was extremely small), which had to be repaired weeks later and by the way was started with me not being completely out and was yet again stitched wrong. Needless to say I will not be using Dr. manning or the hospital for this second one and am now fairly afraid of this delivery. At least I know to speak up much more this time so I guess I can thank them all for that. I don't typically leave bad reviews like this was just too much for me.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Tyshunda L. Manning's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)