Ratings for Dr. Ian H. Kaden

Excellent doctor. Yes at times there is a wait but he will give you the undivided attention that he is giving someone else. My husband and I trust him with our eyes, he's the best!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Office is not respectful of the time the patient waits to see Dr. Kaden. Office staff is quick to suggest to the patient making another appointment if the wait is too long (not understanding the hardship it may have been for the patient to take time off from work to make the scheduled appointment). Yes, waiting one hour, or more, in any Dr. waiting room is too long. In addition to long waits, the office has the nerve to threaten cancelling your appointment if you are tardy and possibly a fee. In other words, it is okay for the office to run behind schedule, but not the patient !! A common statement used by the staff is" Dr. Kaden had an emergency but will see you soon". Every time I have had an appointment, suspiciously, the Dr. had an emergency !! Staff and Dr. Kaden should learn that the patients also have a schedule, or other things to do, and should make a sincere attempt at running the office on schedule. I find Dr. Kaden unapproachable with a very flat demeanor. I do not sense he values his patients, but he does value his time. My advice, do research for another ophthalmologist !

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I arrived 30 minutes early for my appointment and wasn't called up until one hour after my appointment. Once I was called up, I ended up waiting about 15 more minutes for the doctor to actually show up. I am the type of patient who likes to ask my doctor about minor concerns that I am curious about and would like to learn more about. This doctor not only brushed off my questions, but he also was rude about it. I remember after he told me not to worry about an annoyance with my vision he responded with "Are you seriously trying to argue with me? I'm a doctor" or something along those lines. This guy is condescending, impatient, and he made it clear that he thought I was a nuisance from the first five minutes of speaking to him. I have no idea why he ever wanted to become a doctor, because he obviously doesn't enjoy helping other people.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I moved to Rockaway one year ago and was using all my old Doctors but recently I poked my eye bad and couldn't make the trip down to my old Dr. so I had to find someone close. Dr. Kaden has been my sister's Dr. for years so I called the office to ask what to do for my pain. Dr. Kaden called me right back and made me come in first thing in the morning. He was great, told me what to do and made me feel like I had been a patient of his for years also. P.S. The staff is wonderful very friendly and I have NEVER seen a Dr. office so clean in all my years of going to Doctors.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I found Dr. Kaden to be distant and unwilling to listen to my concerns. He is not patient with questions, and I found him unwilling to recognize my perspective about my own eye condition. I have worn eye-glasses for more than 40 years, and I have rarely encountered a doctor quite so abrupt and dismissive of patient views. For instance, he did not discuss or question what sort of work I do and how that might have an impact on (or be affected by) my eye condition. His staff are very friendly, approachable, and efficient; however, you don't make an appointment to consult with the staff, but with the doctor. I will not return.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I agree he has a quiet manner but feel he is knowledgeable and thorough. He noticed something on my first exam that my previous eye doctor didn't after going for there for years. I trust his knowledge and experience. There's a bit of a wait at times. Staff is very friendly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Kaden by my own opthamologist. After reading these reviews I was very concerned and decided to keep looking. I asked my primary doc about it and she told me that he is considered the cataract guru in the area, so I decided to at least make an appointment, thinking I would go elsewhere if I didn't like him. I was pleasantly surprised. The office staff was very nice, the wait time was less than 5 minutes, and Dr. Kaden was very pleasant and thorough. He did my cataract surgery and I couldn't be happier. He does have a quiet personality and may be on the nerdy side, hence some of the comments, but I thought he was terrific.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Dr. Kaden is extremely unpleasant and unapproachable, seems irritated by questions. He acts as though his patients are an annoyance...very poor attitude. To boot, he misdiagnosed the problem. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

It is apparent that the only reason Dr Kaden practices is to earn a good living. He appears bothered by questions and has very brief answers seemingly wanting to get through the appointment as quickly as possible. He sees many patient simultaneously, going in and out of rooms while keeping the other patients waiting in between his other patients. Little time is spent with you and little care is taken. His knowledge also seems somewhat limited.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

My first visit will also be my absolute last. I was in the office a total of 2 hours and saw the doctor for an eye exam for about 10 minutes total, a minute here and there. I just sat there waiting for the next thing, which was never even explained to me. Dr. Kayden's attitude was very poor; if patients and their questions about their eyesight is absolutely too much for you, then why are you actively practicing? The reception area staff was so loud, hyper, and scattered I couldn't even think straight. The best part was that I asked that my pupils not be dilated since I was driving, he went and did it anyway, never bothered to tell me that's what he was doing, and sent me on my way without so much an afterthought. Please do yourself a favor and not even bother going here.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Ian H. Kaden's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21205 (Grad. 1987)