Ratings for Dr. Atiye Aktay

My daughter was a patient of Dr. Aktay for Crohn's disease, she was very hard to communicate with and did not have a treatment plan that helped my duaghter. She left her on steroids for almost a year which cause her additional health problems. When we switched to a different doctor and practice she improved within months. Apparently Dr. Aktay doesn't think that if something doesn't work you should try something else. I would not recommend this doctor or practice.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My daughter is a patient of Dr Aktay for the last 6 months. She was very attentive to our family and explained the diagnosis and treatment options. My daughter is 12 and Dr Aktay explained things on her level too. She is very accessible and very kind.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I POSTED THIS COMMENT ON JULY 5, 2010 AND IT WAS DELETED (AS WAS ANOTHER PATIENT'S POSITIVE COMMENTS) PRESUMABLY BY SOMEONE WHO DISAGREED WITH ME. THIS UNDERMINES THE OBJECTIVE OF THE SITE WHICH IS FOR INDIVIDUALS TO REPORT THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH A PHYSICAN WHICH IS BOUND TO DIFFER. DR. AKTAY HAS SEEN MY CHILDREN FOR THE LAST 15 MONTHS WHICH CERTAINLY QUALIFIES ME TO OFFER MY THOUGHTS. I HAVE REPORTED THE UNAUTHORIZED DELETION AND AM REPEATING MY COMMENTS AGAIN HERE: Both of my kids were diagnosed with Crohn's disease in with 3 months. To a parent, this very overwhelminG. Dr. Aktay was there for us with information, treatment options and handholding. In my opinion, she is A superior physician that combines intelligenece, talent and a true compassion and passion for what she does. I would not have survived 2009 without her. My children love and trust her. I understand and respect that opinions will differ, but I would recommmend her to anyone in need of her specialty!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Dr. Aktay was not willing to listen. She had difficulty with the English language. She did not read up on our child's chart to familize herself and was unprepared. She was lacking in compassion, minimized diagnosis and symptoms. She did not answer questions or follow through. I would never recommend her even to my worst enemy. Overall it was very negative experience.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I would not recommend this pediatric gastroenterologist and I hope others do not experience what we have.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009