Ratings for Dr. Fariborz Ashtyani

i got a very bad pneumonia about 10 years ago and nobody did anything but just giving antibiotics and I got sicker with more fever everyday. Finally my doctor decided to ask for the best pulmonologist, Dr. Fariborz AshtyNi to see me and hlp out. he was wonderful and life saver. immediately he ordered a CAT scn that should fluid in mynlungs. He perform a bedside procedure and sample the fluid thatnturned ot a verbbad infrction. He arranged withnth best surgen to remove the infe ted area and saved my lumgs. the surgeon told me thatnI was very llucky thst mynpulmonologist did not waste anytime and saved most of my lungs. Dr Fariborz Ashtyani was so gentle, kind and supporting thatbmade my hospital stay much tolerable and better. I was discharged few days after without Anya infection and since then I see him at his office. He is very caring and nice and I feel very comfortable having him as my pulmonologist. I wish all other doctors would be the same. It is sad to see that. Some people exaggerate and make up untrue complains because the don't want to pay their copay etc that is set by insurances and not by doctors.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Was referred to Dr. Asstiyani for bronchitis. Went to his office waited almost 3 hours to be seen. Found out later he was in his office on the phone with his lawyer. No regard for others time. Finally saw him and he wanted to run all these tests on me. He insisted that I need it because I have sleep apnea. I wasn't sure if my insurance would cover them. He had his billing manager check my benefits. She immediately said yes. She did not even call my insurance company. She is of the dinosaur era no doubt his wife. I saw another doctor who treated my bronchitis and said horrible things about Dr. Asstiyani. Beware of this doctor. He upcodes his office visits.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

The front desk staff are miserable people. I was a patient way back and they refuse to see me again because I haven't been there in a few years.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Saw this Doctor last week for a pulmonary condition and was told that is was Sleep Apnea that was causing my distress. He was insistent on me having PFT, Home Monitoring and Sleep tests done. He refused to listen to my concerns. I expressed my concern over my Insurance and this lady in the office had no clue to what she was saying. she needs to retire. the office staff looked tired and as if they didn't want to be there. I recommend ANY other doctor other than him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I urge all potential patients to steer as far away as Dr. Fariborz Ashtyani as is possible. He is a money-grubber and a cheat. I went to the doctor with a concern about sleep apnea. Four weeks later I am undiagnosed and several hundred dollars in the hole. Dr. Ashtyani's racket goes like this: You go for a consultation and pay your copay; Dr. Ashtyani shows up late, orders unnecessary tests--falsifying your sleepiness report if necessary--, and charges your insurance $600. He brings you into the office as often as possible in order to wring every last penny from you, all the while beating around the bush and supplying unhelpful, potentially misleading information about your actual medical needs. I went to pick up a device for a sleep home test--and his office charged me another copay just for walking in the door. Hackensack Sleep & Pulmonary is a den of thieves. I beg you, don't make the mistake I did: Do your research about this scheming, thieving practice; stay far, far away from Dr. Fariborz Ashtyani.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I met with Dr. Ashtyani a few weeks ago regarding my sleep and snoring condition. This doctor spent time with me explaining my condition and the next steps I needed to take. Needless to say I HIGHLY recommend this doctor and practice for people with sleep apnea and pulmonary conditions.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Ashtyani has been very good to me. He is very busy, but always makes the time for me when I really need him. The staff are wonderful too like every one else is saying.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS DR, HE TALKS DOWN TO PATIENTS. HE IS RUDE, CONDESCENDING, AND NOT HELPFUL ! THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DR IN MY LIFE ! AND I HAVE SEEN MANY! HE IS THE WORST ! PLEASE THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER SPECIALISTS OUT THERE WHO TRULY CARE AND WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A HUMAN BEING !

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Do not seek treatment with this doctor. As wonderful as the staff was, I am disappointed by the treatment I received.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

the ladies that work in the office were very nice & professional. However the Dr himself is unwilling to help. he only wants tests done in his ofc so his resp. therapists get paid. I work for a hospital were if i use them for testing i dont have to pay & since my husband is disabled & unable to get disability i cant afford to pay 20% of a test that cost 800.00 wheni can get it done where i work for nothing & he just flat refused to provide my husband with an rx to get teh test done. i refuse to go back there & i will warn all my friends & family to never ever go to his office.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013