Ratings for Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Bharaktiya. I had been suffering from kidney stones for years with no results from my urologists. I was referred to her and she has changed my diet, prescribed medication to remove the calcium from my system and has controlled the production of no kidney stones for the last 3 years. She has saved my life from this misery. I have had nothing but good results from her staff who were very courteous to me. She is very thorough and has called to check on my progress when I moved away from Houston. Very dedicated doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I kept Calling them to get an appointment for past 2 to 3 weeks . The phone always goes to a voice mail or a service. I kept leaving messages but no one bothered to call me back at any point. The staff there is awefull and does not care and it is very frustrating . They also never send the needed documents on time like labs and other things that the insurance company requests to approve some of the drugs that Dr. Bharaktiya prescribes. Eventually this leads to the insurance company rejecting a valid medication that was much needed by me if this was all done on time. It also seems like Dr. Bharaktiya always prescribes a specific brand first as if she only knows that and it was pretty obvious that the patient care is nothing but . Dr. Bharakitya is very good but her staff absoultly ruins things for her and for her patients. one lazy and incompetent bunch.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

The office staff forgot to provide information regarding my prescription to Dr. B for several days and when I finally went in because I could not wait any longer and needed to speak to Dr B in person to pick up the prescription, they then told me that I needed to get my labs done that had been requested but Dr B never said I must do that for her to write the prescription she said I just needed to provide her the information on the exact prescription that I was already taking, provided by my family doc. Either way the request to get the labs complete was not unreasonable but ridiculous that not one of their staff could have told me that over the phone when I kept calling in to see if the prescription had been called into my pharmacy. To make matters even worse Dr B then yelled at me saying she had told me I had to get my labs done before she would provide me with a prescription. Well she didn't and I suspect she just forgot and really that's not the issue it's simply that while I kept calling no one there cared enough to tell me that I must get the labs done first and then to make matters worse the Dr in her frustration with her day, her staff, pesky patients, who knows, decided it would be ok to yell at her patients. I wondered why I was able to get in to see her so quickly when I called, its usually a considerable wait to get in to see a specialist. Well now I know. Very unprofessional staff, very rude Dr. Going to see a more professional Dr. next time. Don't waste your time here no matter how quickly they can get you in.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

She is a great doctor-very patient and shows a great concern towards the patient's understanding of their care. She took the time to find affordable prescriptions for me instead of just prescribing the name brand ones the drug reps push. Her staff could learn a few things about taking initiative and being professional when handling phone calls, and a couple of the girls seemed inexperienced with how insurance plans work...but the care Dr B provides goes above and beyond so a less than perfect front office can be overlooked.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010