You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt is very knowledgeable in her field. She has the best bedside manner. As a patient of hers for the last 3 years I have always been treated like a friend. She always showed genuine concern for her patient's problem. As a retired general surgeon of 30+ years' private practice, I fully understand that COMPASSION is the most important quality besides medical knowledge and skill that makes a fine HEALER. Dr. Bettencourt is also active in helping to educate the general public in her field. I consider it my honor to be her patient and friend. H. K. Poon, MD, FACS

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Excellent dermatologist. Not only care and compassion, but very experienced and highly competent. Found a pre-cancerous mole for me that another doctor never caught and sent me off for a year saying no problems. I am fortunate to have Dr. Bettencourt as my dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt has an excellent bedside manner. She is Duke trained and an expert at her craft. Be sure to thoroughly explain the purpose for your visit to her nurse so she can zero in on your issues immediately. She has always been a leader in choosing the best skincare products and is highly knowledgeable in addressing all of my skin related concerns. On more than one occasion she identified and removed pre cancerous spots. If you ever went to a tanning salon or regularly baked your skin in the sun, make an appointment today. I've done the research, no one has an eye for irregular moles like Dr. Bettencourt.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I've had skin cancer twice, and both times, Dr. Bettencourt saw it in seconds, confirmed the diagnosis with 100% accuracy, and then dispatched it with unparalleled skill and with minimal scarring. I could not be more pleased with the result. I have numerous professional friends, many of whom are physicians, so I asked around for a referral. They all recommended Dr. Bettencourt as the best in town. In my view, they were right. I recommend her to all.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have had several cancerous moles removed by Dr. Bettencourt. Several would never have hit my radar but she had a concern after a full body review. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field. Her answers to questions are easy to understand and are founded upon the concern and well being of the patient. I have been a patient for over eight years and have never been disappointed. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt performed the MOHS surgery on me several years ago, and got a clear margin the first time! I have seen her regularly ever since, and find her to be knowledgeable, diligent and compassionate. I have recommended her to all my friends and family. She is top-notch!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt was of the utmost help in clearing up my skin problems! She takes time in examining and explaining what approach is needed to cure my skin disorder. She takes the time to get to know her patients, I didn't feel like I was just another number coming into to see a physician. Her staff and assistants run a highly efficient office. I recommend her highly to anyone who has a skin problem.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt's Credentials

• Univ De Sao Paulo, Fac De Med, Sao Paulo, Sp, Brazil (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt has probably saved my life from skin cancer several times. Excellent knowledge of taking care of skin problems and surgery."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is very knowledgeable in her field. She has the best bedside manner. As a patient of hers for the last 3 years I have always been treated lik..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Excellent dermatologist. Not only care and compassion, but very experienced and highly competent. Found a pre-cancerous mole for me that another doctor never ..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She always spends plenty of time to me to check me out and follow up. Great to work with."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt has an excellent bedside manner. She is Duke trained and an expert at her craft. Be sure to thoroughly explain the purpose for your visit to her..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had skin cancer twice, and both times, Dr. Bettencourt saw it in seconds, confirmed the diagnosis with 100% accuracy, and then dispatched it with unparalle..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had several cancerous moles removed by Dr. Bettencourt. Several would never have hit my radar but she had a concern after a full body review. She is..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt performed the MOHS surgery on me several years ago, and got a clear margin the first time! I have seen her regularly ever since, and find her t..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm so happy I found Dr. Bettencourt! She really listens and I didn't feel rushed! All my questions were answered and I felt relieved and at ease! "

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt was of the utmost help in clearing up my skin problems! She takes time in examining and explaining what approach is needed to cure m..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is a true professional. She understands her specialty so well! I feel like I am getting the best care when I am seeing Dr. Bettencourt for all..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "OUTSTANDING DOCTOR WHO IS VERY DETAIL ORIENTED. SHE PICKED UP ABNORMAL LESIONS THAT OTHER DERMATOLOGIST MISSED"

April 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt, my husband and I know that Dr. Bettencourt is the best dermatologist. I know of only a few physicians who are as dedicated, conscientious and ..."

April 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is outstanding. Her knowledge and skill make her one of the best in the city. Highly recommended. "

April 3, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Just saw Dr. Bettencourt last week. Was concerned about some spots on my face. She took her time and checked everything I was concerned about. I would trust no ..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bettencourt was extremely courteous and thorough when examining me. My whole family goes to her. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to see her on busy..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a curious mole in a very embarrassing place and Dr Bettencourt was very kind and the removal didn't hurt at all. She sent it to the lab and during the fo..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Nightmare experience. She set up a follow up with her people telling my wife and I that my wound would be stitched . Showed up two days later for appointment an..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly rude. After going in for over a year for the same skin problems which were not clearing up, I finally expressed my frustration. Was told I must not..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Some comments here are spot on. She's condescending, doesn't listen, rushes to end appointment. long waiting period, and walked out charged more than she had ..."

July 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "After two visits I will not return. The waiting area is over packed with patients who wait, on average, over 45inutes past the scheduled appointment time. On..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is very rude and her staff is very unprofessional. I asked several staff members how many stitches my husband had.......one staff member replie..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is all about making money. She will NOT stitch up the wound the same day even if I begged her. She says it works better to wait till the next da..."

October 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=23930'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=23930'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014