You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt

Nightmare experience. She set up a follow up with her people telling my wife and I that my wound would be stitched . Showed up two days later for appointment and she said that she would not stitch. I stood up to leave and she blocked the door with her body. I took out my phone and started to dial 911 after she refused to move. She jumped away after I dialed 91 and I left the room. She called 911 on me and the police came to my home. She also called my doctor and my supervisor at work and bad mouth me. My doctor said she was a nut. My work who knew me very well hung up on her. She is a nut beware. The error I found out was she placed the paper from my previous appointment in my wife's file and not mine.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Incredibly rude. After going in for over a year for the same skin problems which were not clearing up, I finally expressed my frustration. Was told I must not be using the creams correctly. They also made a mistake on my records, saying I was allergic to some antibiotic I never heard of; then she berated me for not being able to prescribe this medicine for me, because it was the only one that was going to help. I will be going to another skin clinic from now on.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Some comments here are spot on. She's condescending, doesn't listen, rushes to end appointment. long waiting period, and walked out charged more than she had just quoted me in the patient room, plus did not do all the work we agreed to for the price (the price I ended up paying more fore when I left). She leaves you feeling like you're a burden on her time and boy am I dumb for having questions.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

After two visits I will not return. The waiting area is over packed with patients who wait, on average, over 45inutes past the scheduled appointment time. Once in a room, Dr. Bettencourt, will spend no more than 5 to 10 minutes with you. The entire time she will interupt, not listen to your concerns and will even tell you that your reason for visiting is "not a priority". Having a medical degree myself I understand that this is not acceptable. Bedside manner is very important and this is something Dr. Bettencourt is seriously deficient in.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Bettencourt is very rude and her staff is very unprofessional. I asked several staff members how many stitches my husband had.......one staff member replied "maybe we could take off the bandages and I could count them"!!!!! The doctor never spoke to me!!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Bettencourt is all about making money. She will NOT stitch up the wound the same day even if I begged her. She says it works better to wait till the next day. Seven other surgeries at other facilities always sewed me up immediately, while still numb. By waiting till the next day, it requires more shots and is considered another surgical procedure and does not consider the patient's time. Waiting is excessive. She also used a lab not on my plan, costing me more money. She squabbles with staff in front of customers, etc. I will not go back and will not recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Charged a lab fee that I was told would be written off. Wait time too long. Non responsive billing department.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Dr Bettencourt's staff has A LOT to be desired! Went to get results of biopsy and the nurse/assistant, whatever they are called was all ready and wanted to take out stitches and freeze cancer of my arms! I had no stitches and no cancer on my arms! She also did not have a clue why I was there. I had to explain to her what we needed and why we were there. And it was not to have non exsistant stitches removed and cancer on my arms!!! Extremely short and curt in answering the questions ref how to care for the biopsy that was taken. Extremely rude!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

I had requested one nurse over the other because the one didn't numb me enough when I had something removed and was very painful (took 4 more shots to numb). What nurse did they give me the one I didnt want. I was there 4 months ago and was quoted $200.00 for a procedure when I went back now that same procedure was $400.00 and was told I had Rosacea and she wanted to sell me a $150.00 product that she said worked better than the perscription.I no longer trust her or her staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

I visit this doctor twice and will never go back. Upon first visit, I found Dr. Bettencourt to be very rushed, rude, and condescending. She avoided answering my simple questions; she did not listen to my concerns and she was more focused on what she had to say. She did not pay attention to me when I could get a word in edgewise. Most of the time she would talk over me and tune me out. Very unprofessional. The absolute most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. I had to visit her a second chance due to a required follow up appointment. Thinking perhaps Dr. Bettencourt was having a bad day on the first visit, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. The second visit reinforced my thoughts of her from the first visit. This person is in the wrong profession, she has “no” people skills. Anyone would be absolutely appalled if they could see a video of my experience with Dr. Bettencourt. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt's Credentials

• Univ De Sao Paulo, Fac De Med, Sao Paulo, Sp, Brazil (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Nightmare experience. She set up a follow up with her people telling my wife and I that my wound would be stitched . Showed up two days later for appointment an..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly rude. After going in for over a year for the same skin problems which were not clearing up, I finally expressed my frustration. Was told I must not..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Some comments here are spot on. She's condescending, doesn't listen, rushes to end appointment. long waiting period, and walked out charged more than she had ..."

July 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "After two visits I will not return. The waiting area is over packed with patients who wait, on average, over 45inutes past the scheduled appointment time. On..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is very rude and her staff is very unprofessional. I asked several staff members how many stitches my husband had.......one staff member replie..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bettencourt is all about making money. She will NOT stitch up the wound the same day even if I begged her. She says it works better to wait till the next da..."

October 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=23930'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=23930'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014