Ratings for Dr. Ihsan Al-Khalil

My 15 year old son Jorge Mendoza was Dr. Als patient until my son passed away on May 1st 2014. Four months after he was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Here in Roswell NM. My son was flown to UMC in Lubbock Tx. The whole time my son was in his care he gave us support and comfort. He was always making sure we understood everything. Always provided encouragement. Never suffered from the God syndrome that other doctors develope with time. He was there with my son and I . When I removed my child from life support. He comforted me and cried with me when my son took his last breath. As far as his nurses Angie and Deborah I can't say very much for them. But for Dr. Al I can say he kept his promise to my son and I to the very end. I strongly believe he did his very best to fight and save my son's life. I do know he went above and beyond for my son. I also know he fought harder for my son because he knew he was my only child. He spent many sleepless nights in the PICU with the nurse and intensevist and myself to figure out how to make my son better. Because on multiple occasions we almost lost him . So he is a wonderful God fearing doctor and person. So to bash him and call him a liar is wrong . He is only human doing the best he can . Don't forget he's not God.

Submitted April 17, 2015

My heart goes out to this patient. The staff at the cancer center did not inform any of my patients of my sickness and subsequent requirement, nor did they have anybody ready to replace me. The tumor most likely became more aggressive while I was gone and the disease changed its behavior as a result. The staff at the cancer center refused to allow me to communicate with any of my patients. I apologize that the cancer center continues to relate the wrong message to my patients regarding my sickness and retirement. They desire to retain the patient as long as possible, even without a Pediatric Oncologist working at the center. My sincerest apologies goes out to you. I hope your son gets better as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

My family trusted Dr.Al-Khalil with my son's life 4 over 3 yrs.He lied on several occasions & admitted it 2 my spouse since Dr.Al thought I cry 2 much!While my 13 yr old son was doing good throughout years,he stood by us & gave us his famous speech "we r family now,I treat your son as he's my own & that's why he gave us his private cell number." When things were bad he avoided us,lied 2 us & avoided our phone calls.Dr.Al's a GREAT liar,puts blame on others,uses his accent as a excuse if something don't go according 2 his plans.It was always either I didn't understand correctly or others didn't that's why stuff went wrong.As soon as it was hard 2 treat A CHILD,he dropped him without a second thought & didn't have the nerve 2 do it himself,he had his nurse's,Angie & Debra,do it 4 him.I wouldn't trust him with a puppy much less a child. I pray God has mercy on him 4 his actions 2 children.Dr.Al didn't even have the respect 2 say 1 word 2 my son the day he dropped him.Couldn't believe it!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr.Al as he told us to call him was my 12 y/o sons doctor while he was in Memorial Medical Center in Savannah,GA back in 2001. He told us that he wanted us to think of him as family and he even gave us his personal cell number. My son had lymphoma, stage four. Dr. Al left Savannah and went to work in Macon, GA and we, like a lot of his patients, followed him there. He treated my son until he was 16 and and Dr. Al took the job in Texas. My son is now 26 years old and an RN in the emergency room at Memorial Medical Center in Savannah. Had it not been for Dr. Al and his excellent care, my son would not be here today. I'm in law enforcement and gave him my business card and told him to call me if he ever needed anything. Hope to hear from him one day. People in Texas are lucky to have him. RH, Metter, GA

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013