Ratings for Dr. Todd B. SMITH

I had two back surguries in 2013. When I had the first one my screws came loose after two weeks. I went to emergency and was told Dr.Smith needed to see me in his office. He never showed up. I had to be rushed home. The doctor called me much later and said he needed to put me in a body suit. Many months past and I never improved. Finally, after returning to the ER, I was hospitized and he was so unprofessional to me with negative comments on having to perform the surgery again. All comments were like saying it's I just wanted another surgery. All in all it turned out I needed the surgury. After two surgeries I always had trouble. In 2016 a rod was found broken and was told by a neurosurgeon he shouldn't haven't done the surgeries. After battling with a insurance company to let another hospital to redo the surgury, it was performed again in early 2017. Dr. Pittman aad two other doctors finally corrected Dr. Smiths poorly performed surguries. The final results were that the rods were to straight and had caused stress on my back and caused the spine to caused me to have a [ flat back. Now finally I'm corrected, but not after so much time of suffering. Thank God for being sent to Dr. Pittman. I urge everyone to always take plenty of time to check out a surgeon before having a major surgery as I had. I'm so blessed to have a honest doctor to point me to the right doctors and hospital which was not his because of the severity. Now I'm liking 3 months and will be cleared all healed. It will be a year to having to give up to live again. I'm been asked was it worth it. My reply will always be yes. My live is so much better and I feel great.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Saw this doc for the first time in May and it was at a new location. Thus it's possible that all of his staff was new...but, everyone acted like they had never seen nor treated a broken arm. I saw him twice and both times it took forever for him to get to the exam room. And then no one knew how to wrap my splinted arm. It was weird so I chose a more seasoned doctor to continue my treatment. It was also weird how this doc would not make eye contact with me or his staff. I am now seeing Dr. John Pearce and he is great!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Dr. Todd B. SMITH's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Amerigroup