Ratings for Dr. Heidi C. Shea

Two hours total in that pitiful excuse for an office. Dr. She’s spent all of five rushed minutes with me, coldling interpreting blood tests that revealed a condition I would be plagued with for life. Never She was irritated that I asked questions about it, and never once asked how I was feeling. I cried in the car for thirty minutes before I was fit to drive home. Worst bedside manner EVER, and her office staff needs charm school badly.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Indifferent and rude are the words that sum up my visit with Dr. Shea. She does not value her patients' time, nor does she have any sort of redeeming bedside manner at all.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

My son had his first visit with Dr Shea today after a pediatrician referral. I have nothing negative to say about our experience (and yes, I am sensitive!). Waiting room staff was cordial, the nurse who took us back was kind, and when we met Dr Shea she was friendly and began building a rapport with my son by talking to him and giving him a compliment. My son had a blood draw and the nurses who did it were quick and understanding as he cried through it. Dr Shea did not make us feel rushed and she listened to our questions respectfully. Overall she was professional and we were pleased with our visit.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Inspite of the reviews I gave Dr. Shea & the staff the benefit of the doubt. Lots of pretentiousness from the doctor. No one seems to really know how to read labs, or seem to know when Dr. Shea will be available. Made an appt with Dr. Shea. Received a call to confirm from shceduling nurse the very morning telling me that my appt was with Dr. Shea. Called me an he later to see who I was scheduled with & asked me to move my appt up to see her. Still saw Autumn. Saw Dr. Shea for brief moments. Never sat down. I didn't get to ask all of my follow up questions after waiting to see her for 3 months. She stood there telling me in a forceful manner her opinion & how she is a board certified blah blah blah & then reveals she doesn't deal in Hormone replacement therapy, period! What does she do? Didnt even give a second opinion of my Hashimoto's diagnosis. Never even brought it up. Autumn, the P.A., explained said, even with labs reflecting high level of Prolactin, they wouldn't have bothered to order an MRI for lab marker indicating a possble Pituitary cyst; which was initially detected by my alert G.P. ,;whom, fortunatly ordered an MRI which prompted me to seek out Dr. Shea's expertise. Upon my initial visit Dr. Shea never mentioned she is not a hormone specialist. The entire staff will run you in circles, waste months, not days, but months of your life. Run the other way! I've never given a review in my life but this is note worthy, folks... Even my Nurse Practioner knows more than this woman!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Very rude nurse drawing blood for my child. She did not even know how to console/convince a child! Dr just orders so many bloodctest though nothing comes alarming, she insist we see hwr every 4mths!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

The staff is so terribly rude and abrasive that it makes you very angry. It will be all you can do to not hang up on the phone because your child has to be seen. Word of caution. Everyone from front desk to terrible awful blood draws at this office. You would think you would ensure even friendly phlebotomists. But nope. Didn't say a word to us and we had to ask for a bandaid. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

My 16 year old daughter and I came to see Dr. Shea at a referral. After it took 2 months to get in we arrived at the office and the receptionist was lovely. We went back saw the PA in 10 minutes and it took another HOUR to see Dr. Shea. She Was in the room all of 5 minutes, didn't even touch my daughter for a physical ( thyroid issues). From previous blood testing at another office the PA concluded my daughter has Hashimotos nobody told us how to treat it or what it was. Shea gave us a trial prescription and said " you don't need this but see how it makes you feel". Horrible bedside manner and lack of information. on top of all this my daughter had her blood drawn by the meanest, harshest woman. She was not good and took blood out my daughters hand. Then Shae ordered an adrenal gland test. It took two weeks after their office got the results to notify us. Then they tell us they didn't realize one of my daughters medicines can alter the results and must do a urine testNEVER GOING BACK.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Her staff is always rude, she continues to suggest more and more tests, nothing ever gets done. Now we are on a drug that we can't afford and she provides absolutely no help. Get this $75 charge came from her office the other day for a fee for the drug that she doesn't administer and has nothing to do with -- We are stuck because we have to go to her --- if our choice, we would go somewhere else

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Wrost dr ever all you are for her just a number not a patient can't believe that she charge you if you need a prescription and if you get suck she charge you for minute really sorry doctor we make a bad mistake choosing her ..sorry sorry dr

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

I left the office unable to schedule a follow appointment even though Dr. Shea told me to return in 1 month. Told that there was nothing available. I called back in 1 week to try again and was told I could be seen in 4 months or see the nurse practitioner by a very rude scheduler. I have a recently diagnosed pituitary tumor and the whole experience was very upsetting. I don't understand why she took me as a patient if there is no room in her schedule. I felt abandoned.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Dr. Heidi C. Shea's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Assurant