Ratings for Dr. Matthew P. Shaffer

I'm male & made an appointment for an annual full body skin exam. Last year, the male PA entered the exam room with a female chaperon without asking permission. While the exam was supposed to be comprehensive as requested by my PCP, it was not and I did not object due to the chaperon. To preclude embarrassment or surprise on either mine or the clinics part, I requested an exam by a male PA without a chaperon due to privacy and dignity concerns. My request was approved only to be told via phone that a female chaperon was required, and either agree or go elsewhere for medical care. Male patients are not afforded same gender intimate care at this facility yet female patients are; this is at a minimum ethically questionable if not illegal. I am entitled to the same respectful dignified care where my privacy is accommodated in the same manner as female patients. Why are chaperones mandated for same gender care?

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Dr. Matthew P. Shaffer's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Salina, KS