Ratings for Dr. Bruce H. Baker

By far the most egotistical and self absorbed doctor i have ever met. He never listened to my point of view and was very quick to judge, i felt like before I even stepped into his office every opinion on who I was and what i needed was already decided. He was very fake and cold. Not to mention his knowledge on the medications he prescribed are so far from reality it is a complete joke. He always sounded like an advertisement for the drug company that makes suboxone. It was very frustrating, I finally just cold turkey left the facility and it was the best decision of my life. There are other doctors at the facilities he works at that are infinitely more knowledgeable and compassionate,. yet he seems to be in charge.... what a crazy world...

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

the ego and arrogance spoken of below is because he is addicted to drugs and has been for years!! This office should really look hard at its own employees.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

If Dr. Baker has never heard of Professor Heather Ashton or The Ashton Manual for withdrawing from Benzodiazepines then that tells me he doesn't know the first thing about one of the Deadliest Withdrawals recorded- Klonopin a benzodiazepine.When he said he'd never heard of her I lost all credibility with him as a serious, dedicated drug specialist. I'm going to bet that he's never heard of Dr. Peter R. Breggin & Dr. David Cohen either who ARE The Specialist in the field when it comes to withdrawing from Psychiatric drugs, especially the benzodiazepines. If Dr. Baker isn't well informed with every aspect of Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome then shame on him. He's no Addictions Specialist.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Was very concerned after a recent incident whereI mixed alcohol and my prescribed drugs used for pain control. Dr. Baker was the most arrogant doctor I have encountered in over 40 years of my adult life. When I could not commit to total abstinance he composed a very harsh and sarcastic letter to my pain doctor(who was the referring doc) when I asked about the fact he did not accept insurance and if he had a financial interest in West Brook my wife and I were summarially thrown out of his office. Did refund fee. Really warm and caring doc. NOT!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Baker is a great guy. He understands the nature of addiction very well. Ive seen him for quite a while now and I think he is friendly, fair, and understanding. Westbrook has been getting better and better in my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Very caring and compassionate. Staff is always helpful as well.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

The best in addiction medicine. Very caring and even gives his patients his cell phone number.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

I have seen Dr. Baker for quite a while now and I find him to be a genuinely nice person, but with an ego (as is common amongst dr's). He has great knowledge of addiction and is personable. I must say though that he can be very unpredictable and quick to judge and blame. His main nurse and M.A. are not very personable and have been rude and judgmental to me and fellow patients. Some of this comes with the territory of addiction medicine, but power tripping and unfriendliness is uncalled for and way too common. I would say, if you stay on his good side and are honest, you will most likely like him, but be prepared to take the blame for any little misunderstanding. I was put under suspicion for canceling an appointment to attend my grandmothers funeral and once blamed for skipping a drug test because the nurses messed up which hospital I took it at. Overall he is a very nice guy, but his office can be uncomfortable and unfair. Also, expect to wait for a LONG time at the office.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010