Ratings for Dr. Maan Barhoum

Great Doctor and Staff. Appointments are easy and prompt. Doctor Barhoum is knowledgeable, asks questions and really listens. Has helped me feel great!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Very condescending. No concern for what was happening in your life. Will drop you if you dont see him every 3 months. Made me feel anxious about visits. Felt like I was more of a bother then a patient.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

The staff is courteous and friendly but woefully lacking when it comes to working with my pharmacy on simple prescription renewals. I always attempt to schedule either early morning or early afternoon appointments so wait times are not an issue. I really cannot speak to what it's like at other times of day. The doctor took some getting used to. I've been seeing him for several years now, and as other reviewers have noted, he's pretty blunt if you're failing him, and yourself, as a patient. I, too, have accepted it as the kick in the tail I deserve and need. There's no question the man knows his stuff. He's also downright friendly when I achieve good numbers. When I started with him my A1c readings were in the 9s. I've gotten them down into the low 6s and have actually got him smiling at me. It might seem corny, but I liken his manner similarly to a parent giving a child tough love. If you can accept that, he's a helluva doctor. PLS

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Staff is great I have to disagree with some comments I have been following up with doctor since he open in 2007. If I'm not mistaken the current staff has been working there for 2-3 years those girls are sweet,nice,polite, and very efficient. I have needed pre-auth left and right and never has the office failed on me. There are time when I have ran out of medication and they told me that the pharmacy will over write 30 days supply insurance approval until the review process go through. The doctor is great we clicked since day one and yes he has yelled at me not in a bad way but it has been my fault for letting my number get out of control when I got diagnosis with type 2 diabetes a1c was 13now I'm happy to say we keep it under 7. Don't let some comments stop you from giving him a chance.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr may be a little blunt, not best bedside manner...girl at desk not helpful at getting prescriptions preauthorized by insurance, my pharmacy as well as myself has talked to the receptionist numerous times to send info for precertification, she keeps telling me it was just sent over from pharmacy-truth is the dr said it would be sent over for precert even though he could not guarantee it when the rx was initially written 5 months ago, from what i have been told today this rx has not yet been sent to insurance for consideration so in the mean time every month i pay out of pocket for this and my insurance has never once recieved a request.so almost 1000.00 out of pocket it is getting extremely upsetting. i dont expect to be best friends with the dr so i dont really care if he is blunt as long as he does his job and this drs care for me has been fine...but when it comes down to faxing over a precert request sounds like training needed on faxing a piece of paper.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

This man was unbelievably rude and condescending, and honestly not very helpful. I will never go back and will advise everyone I know to stay away. I feel bad for his staff who were very friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

The office was very busy and very organized. The doctor was very blunt. It was just what I needed to take my health seriuosly

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

My husband had an appointment for the first time today. He was very nervous so I came alone for support. When we walked into the office the staff was very friendly greeted us and answer our questions we had about the forms. The phones where very busy and they where rooming patient in and out. We felt more comfortable when we saw the relationship they had with the patients at no time did they seem stress very positive attitudes. The doctor was very nice, happy and friendly. The doctor walked us out to the front receptionists. What impress me the most is that the staff had all our orders fax and ready it was as they read doctors mind. I have been to offices which are Very unorganized not them. We will defiantly follow up.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr. Barhoum made me feel horrible about myself. He basically said my thyroid problems were my fault and that I was soon going to have diabetes because I didn't know how to take care of myself. I went looking for help, and he made me feel defeated and sad. I still have his worlds ringing in my head. If bedside manner is important to you, do NOT see this doctor. He didn't help me medically either, so it was a lose-lose situation. Look around for someone else for sure!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

I went to Dr. Barhoum because I had seen him several years before. This time he was angry and rude. He asked me to explain what led up to my coming but kept interrupting me and saying NO! That is not what I want to hear, or NO! I already know that. I finally asked why he was so angry and he left the room. I had tears in my eyes which has never happened at a doctor's office before. After he calmed down he asked if I had other concerns. When I told him I was concerned about a weight gain he said I needed to see a therapist about it. I will not be returning to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013