Ratings for Dr. Niketa V. Govindani

I like Dr. Govindani as a person, she is friendly, easy to talk to and seems very knowledgeable in her field. My gripe is with the remainder of the office visit. I had the courtesy to arrive 10 minutes early but this didn't help. The receptionist did not smile or say hello, just said "Name?" when I got to the window--so much for making me feel welcome. I sat in the waiting room for over an hour, growing increasingly frustrated and agitated, then was ushered into the back for my weight (which I refused) and vital signs, the technician offering the standard apology about the long wait time, that she appreciated my patience. I told her that actually I'm not patient at all but what choice did I have? Was then ushered into an exam room where I quickly undressed--I'm the only efficient person in this whole scenario--and proceeded to wait 15 minutes more for the doctor, who did not show up. I have no idea what on earth she was doing all this time I waited. I put on my clothing, disgusted, angry and having had enough, and I told the receptionist I didn't get to see Dr. Govindani, and that I would NOT be coming back. I made sure I was loud enough so that the unfortunate patients still in the waiting room could hear, stating that "the doctor is too busy for me." I am a professional and my time is just as valuable as the physician's. To be forced to wait 75-80 minutes only to end up not seeing anyone at all is absolutely, positively disgraceful and rude beyond my wildest dreams. If I ever did this in my job, I would be fired immediately, this being the epitome of disrespect and rudeness. By all appearances, they are overscheduling appointments in order to generate more revenue and too bad if patients have an interminable wait. I will NOT be back and hopefully will find a gynecologist who respects my time as much as I respect theirs.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

For my daughter Isabella Whitmer 5 years ago I had to have a emergency csection and that was my first time meeting Dr Govindani. When I got pregnant in 2016 I wanted to find her and have her as my doctor . Back in 2012 when she did my Csection for my Premature 4lbs 11oz daughter she did amazing always checked up on me to see how I and the baby was doing. Now in 2017 I ended up going a month early with my son Jayson Whitmer weighing 6lbs 10oz premature as well she preformed the Csection on me and again did amazing delivering my son he had alittle bit of problems just like my daughter and was in the NICU but I could not thank her enough with such a smooth delivery and just for being the person she is the kindness and caring! Helping my little fighters it's was a true blessing I will always recommend her to others definitely ! As for her staff they were always very nice to me especially Anita and the Lab tech love her! Thank you again! -Leandra

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Very very rude doctor. No compassion at all. She called me one time and scolded me without any reason. How can the doctor scold her pregnant patients without any reason? Her staff is also rude. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Rude,rude,rude!!!!!!! I would never recommend this doctor she is obnoxious and rude and exit. She has no compassion for her patients and her office staff absolutely sucks they are inconsiderate and do not have any regards to their patients feelings.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Govindani is the best doctor I have ever encountered. I switched to her after my regular OBGYN moved out of state. She investigated a problem I was having that my previous doctor overlooked. She is thorough and takes the time to answer any questions you have. She personally schedules your appointments herself and follows up with you on the phone. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Govindani is fantastic. She is the only doctor I've ever had who personally takes appointments with patients herself-- she is very present in the entire process and makes you feel important. She is also very reassuring, and always puts your comfort first. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

Dr. Govindani is amazing! I switched to her when the obgyn I was seeing for years moved out of state. She made me feel so comfortable & took her time answering all my questions! I ended up needing further tests done to investigate a problem I was having. She explained in detail everything I would be having done & reassured me when I became worried. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Govindani was there for us when my daughter encountered a sudden emergency. She was kind, compassionate, and caring with an amazing bedside manner. It felt like we had known her for years. Once my daughter had recovered, Dr. Govindani made time to call and check on her. It is a rarity to find a doctor these days with the kindness and dedication she has.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013