Ratings for Dr. Todd B. Orvald

My recent visit with Dr. Orvald was horrific. To start the appointment, I waited in the room for over an hour before he came in. He did not listen to anything I said. I told him my symptoms and he said he didnt believe me. During his exam, he was checking reflexes in my foot and he hit a nerve really hard. I yelled "OW" and pulled my foot away, he hit the same spot two more times with a grin on his face. He "read" an MRI of my spine, and according to him, I have been miraculously healed of my foraminal stenosis, and degenerative disk problems that were on my last MRI less than a year ago. This guy was trying to pull something. I'm glad my Mom was with me at this appointment. My real Doctor and I are going to find a decent surgeon and try this again. Dr. Orvald was an amazing surgeon in his day, but those days are done! Beware, this guy's a mess.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

All I can say is this: Dr. Orvald demonstrated an appalling unwillingness to listen to his patient. He was extremely condescending, at one point interrupting me to pat me on the cheek, calling me "sweetie" and telling me not to worry about communicating all of my symptoms to him, that he would take it from there. His reports were so poorly written as to actually appear that they were written for an entirely different patient. Dr. Orvald's truly stunning unwillingness to even listen to the most basic description of what type of pain I was having and where it was originating from completely shocked me. In fact, his reports and treatment plan were so poor that my referring doctor actually called me to strongly recommend a different surgeon, and apologized to me for referring me to him in the first place.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Todd B. Orvald's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1971)

• BCBS Illinois