Ratings for Dr. Harvey S. Mishner

This physician is a gifted diagnostician. He is not a general doctor who holds your hand and smiles. His area of expertise is Internal Medicine. While he has decent bedside manner, my priority for an excellent health provider is the knowledge and expertise with which he helps me to get or stay well. If I want a social experience I will look for some form of counseling. For diagnosing and treating, Dr. Mishner is superb.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

The comments already given are right on the money. Dr. Mishner is competent, but that is the only complement I can give. I did not appreciate the hard sell on his other programs, and his pushing of doing tests of my heart seem to be more about padding his profits.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Mishner pushes his personal gym and trainers plus focuses too much on quick weight loss. He put me on weight loss pills that are very dangerous and caused me to end up in the ER. He's never followed up. You have to call for test results and then find out you need to look them up online. No personal patient doctor relationship. Sad that $$$$$$$ is the focus.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr Mishner is extremely knowledgeable- no bedside manner but I didn't go for that I went for HBP concerns. He made me feel at ease and did a series of tests - changed my meds and have not in a worry in the world thanks to him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Won't go back to this doctor. Any questions he asked, he would interrupt my response. I soon realized his questions were only to sell his agenda. I didn't get any impression that he was interested in me as a patient. He's a salesman more than a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I find Dr. Mishner competent but that's about all. I don't get the feeling he is really in the room with me and find him somewhat disorganized. Seems to fumble with notes, prior conversations, my prior medication experiences, etc. His staff seems to be helpful and tries to do the right thing but not always with a firm handle on my personal situation and file. I'll probably change in the near future to someone that doesn't seem like they're "on the clock".

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I think Dr Mishner is a very good Primary Care Doctor. I'm diabetic and he ask about it ofter and does beyond what my other primary care did.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

This doctor is all about services and profit. My perception is that he could have cared less about me. His diagnoses was pre-diabetes, yet 4 months later I'm in the hospital with an A1C of 13.4! Completely incompetent in my opinion.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Very poor client relations. More interested in what services he can sell versus what is really needed. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I was disapointed with my visit. My sense is that Dr. Mishner is more interested in his weight loss clinic than taking care of patients.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

Dr. Harvey S. Mishner's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)