Ratings for Dr. Charles K. Scruggs

Dr. Scruggs is racist. He posts inappropriate comments and videos on facebook regarding Muslim people. He is insensitive and has a recent lawsuit for removing a wrong tooth. Find another oral surgeon no matter what it costs you.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

GREAT EXPERIENCE I was referred by my dentist at Coastal Heath to have my impacted wisdom tooth removed with Dr Scruggs. I had a great experience. All the staff was kind and good at explaining any questions and concerns. Above all Dr Scruggs was so kind and had a very calming demenor about him. The office is easy to locate in Texas City across from the regions bank. I suggest park in the back by turning down 25th and be picked up in the back because that is where you will exit after aving to be sedated. As far as price goes, I'm not too sure how it would rank seeing how I am self pay and never had to pay without insurance before. Be assured they DO take insurance, though. They take cash, and will do credit card over the phone and as far as financing they use Care Credit, which you have to apply for online. Either way it is well worth your money. The surgery took all of 30 minutes for 1 tooth and I didn't even feel the IV go I to my hand because he uses a method of numbing the area the needle goes. Neatest thing I have ever seen. I have bad anxiety and he talked to me and calmed me down by taking my mind off of it all. The best thing about this office is that they called me later that night to check on me! They told me if I had any questions or concerns to call ANYTIME, day or night even if it's a weekend and they will help me.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Love Dr. Scruggs and his staff, except for the insurance "lady?"who made a pass at my husband right in front of me! She ruined the entire experience with her lack of professionalism, but hey my husband got her phone number, he wasn't even the patient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Scruggs is an exceptional surgeon with experience to back it up. His specializes in dental implants and despite his years of practice he charges less than most other doctors. The office takes insurance and the first oral surgeon I saw didn't and the second wanted to charge me INS plus 1200. I have Met Life and Dr. Scruggs only charged me INS plus 217.00 . He's the best. As for the staff he employs nurses that are also dental assistants/ If I'm having surgery I prefer real nurses. I can't say enough positive comments about my dealings with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Brilliant man with great staff. Straight shooter. thank you Dr. Scruggs Paul McMahon League City TX

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I feel that the staff were very nice and the doctor was exceptionally nice and went out of his way to explain things to me. The only problem was that the rooms were very outdated and could use a major facelift.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Have not been yet. However, when I called to schedule an appointment the receptionist were very rude! If I can find a different oral surgeon before my scheduled appt. I will cancel with Dr. Scruggs.

Submitted November 13, 2013

I got 2 wisdom teeth and a couple more teeth pulled and my experience with this Dentistry was wonderful. I have no complaints about the doctor or staff. Would recommend Dr Scruggs and his team to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

My wife had two teeth that had become absessed rapidly. My wife was in a great deal of pain, had emergency vist with our dentist, who recommended two dental surgeons that "might" be able to get us in that Friday before the Labor Day weekend. The 1st had closed early. In contrast, Dr. Scruggs office answered our call and agreed to fit my wife in. Although, our dentist had already noted surgery was inevitable, all of this came on quickly and my wife was panicked. Both the staff and Dr. Scruggs were very patient with her, explained the procedure several times until she understood, and applying no pressure to proceed. All went pretty much as the Dr. and staff predicted. My wife called back a couple of times in regard to pain, and revisited to check to make certain that there was no infection. Again, the Doctor and staff were polite and caring. My experience has been that most only get on these sites to complain. I would venture that the vast majority of Dr. Scrugg's patients are pleased.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Do note that the employees of this doctor are not professional in any manner. They will hang up on you in any discrepancies and also make sure up front that you get all in documentaion and writing as they will try to bill you later for services that they state they reviewed and confirmed that were covered. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY DO NOT PUT THE CLIENT FIRST. JUST THEIR DOLLARS. Now trying to collect almost $300

Submitted September 26, 2012