Ratings for Dr. Daniel P. Elskens

This Doctor is all talk and no effort to help you. His assistant and staff were the worst we ever encountered, rude and unprofessional. Came from Canada because of years of wait time for lower back surgery. He says I need an MRI of my neck first and he will write a letter emphasizing the immediate need for same so we will not have to wait. Letter sent with word normal used for need of procedure. Three months later he is sent the MRI but we never hear from him and when we call are told we will be contacted when the doctor sees fit. We went elsewhere. Do not trust a word this carnival barker says or promises. Suffice to say the MRI for my neck was not even looked at when I lucked out because of my family doctor who got me in to see one of if not the best back surgeons in Canada. Our one appointment with him was in August and if I new of this site would have commented sooner.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Very caring, spent a lot of time with me. Definitely recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Went in for a L-4 to S-1 fusion and came out with a L-3 to L-5 fusion and put a screw in a nerve. Said everything went great. 1 year later I had a compentent doctor redo the my back but the damage was already done. If he would of been honest I wouldnt be ruined for life. Very sad that he wont be a man and admit when he is wrong.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Younger staff was very rude. Doctor gave impression that he did not want to hear about if the surgery was not effective.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

best doctor I have ever seen. Very helpful and caring. Never have to wait.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2006

He was okay...he performed the surgery for the brain bleed. He was not at all happy when we asked for a second opinion though.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2006

Dr. Daniel P. Elskens's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp