Ratings for Dr. Virgil J. Gassoway

My boyfriend recommended I see this dentist during a time when I had a toothache. He was okay, I guess. His wife is his assistant (go figure) and I found it annoying that he yells at her a lot. Afterwards, she takes his yelling out on you with rude undertones. After a long day, I went in with my boyfriend and sat in the waiting area eating a bag of chips. His wife yelled at me for that. "What are you doing?! Are you eating?"I assumed eating anything in a dentist office is fairly unethical on my part, however, they didn't necessarily have patients lining out the door to see the dentist. My boyfriend and I were the only ones in there and that seems common. The Dentist's wife also does taxes on the side for some customers. Hmm. Cute...

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Excellent doctor. He knows so much. I was in an accident and chipped my tooth. He saw me immediately.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Careful dentist, with inventive solutions who helped me keep my teeth and save money. He put me at my ease.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

I was never so impressed with the information he gave me and the options I didn't even know that I had to solve my dental problem. He even drew a picture of a tooth so I could understand what the problem was. Who does that? I really value his knowledge, and he has a great personality!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

First time seeing him, he put on two caps. He did am great job. Better than anyone else could have done. Saw him 20 years later for those two caps and the repair job was bad and over charge me for his services.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2008

One of only 16 dentists with a Masters from the Academy of General Dentistry in the whole State! Very thoughtfull and gives great "shots"!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2006

Extremely rude to my children..Didn't go back to him again...Found a kid friendly dentist

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006