Ratings for Dr. Marilu Orozco-Peterson

Dr. Peterson is a terrible doctor. She authorized unnecessary tests without discussing them with me, and they were tests my insurance didn't cover. She didn't even mention them in my follow-up visit; I found out about them when I was billed by the company that performed the tests! In addition, she only said my blood work was "fine"; she gave me no specifics. I had to specifically ask for a copy of my blood work so I could look at it myself; she didn't even offer to go over it with me! To top it off, on my follow-up visit, she started giving me the wrong patient's report! Is it that difficult to know which patient you are talking to? Avoid this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Has no business being a doctor. She prefers to let her medical staff handle patients and she is impossible to get a phone call from. When I told her I wanted to talk to her personally, she left a message that she was too busy and I had to deal with her medical staff. It took her and the office staff over a week to send a referral to the specialist I needed. In the meantime, I was in renal failure when I saw the specialist and have probably lost the use of one kidney.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr. Peterson is very knowledgable and compassionate. She was able to immediately diagnos my problem and got me healed up quickly.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Unscrupulous billing pratices. Insurance will cover an annual checkup, but here they have a mandatory follow up visit which insurance won't cover. Expect an additional charge of $150. Every other doctor I've ever heard of does not charge anything additional to go over results from tests that were ordered. Not here, you pay through the nose, for services that should be included in a routine checkup. Save your money and avoid Heritage Family Medicine and Dr. Orozco-Peterson.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr. Marilu Orozco-Peterson's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Beech Street Corporation