Dr. William Kennedy Main

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William Kennedy Main

My husband and I have both had surgery meet in February 2017 my husband in April 2017 .we have nothing but praise for Dr. mean he's a wonderful doctor wonderful bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone.I had spinal fusion my husband had a lumbar dissecting me he is just wonderful

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Main is the absolute best. I'm a NYC Fireman and he was recommended by mostly every guy I spoke with that had fusion surgery. I spoke with a few doctors prior to Dr. Main and I'm soo glad I went with him. He really is awesome. I tell everyone I know that has back issues and might need surgery to see him. Everything about the entire process was fantastic. If you need to have spinal fusion surgery then have him do it. Can't say enough good things about this guy. All the guys love him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr. Main is the best Orthopedic Surgeon I have ever had!!!! He is amazing, he saved my life. Thank You Dr. Main!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

very sad and disappointed , I can't believe Dr. I trusted did this to me!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I survived 9/11, but I suffered with a lower back disc injury from it. Dr. Williams patience, care and wonderful beside manner got me through it. He thoroughly educated me on my condition and his staff is super responsive and caring. As a surgeon, his first approach was not to have surgery. He is all about offering what the best protocol is for each specific patient. Everyone handles pain differently and everyone has their own activity level- Dr. Main considers all of that to come up with a treatment plan that works for you. He does not give up on you. His bedside manner is 5 star!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

It took over 10 years and some 64 spinal surgeons before I came across Dr. Main. There are no words to describe how good he is at what he does. He has literally saved my life. I had double spinal surgery on 01/24/13, lumbar laminectomy L5-S1 and anterior cervical fusion at C5-C6. I have lost hope many years ago and was sure that I would never get better. I am so happy I was wrong. I will be grateful for Dr. Main for the rest of my life :) I feel amazing.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Dr. Main as said above is an angel from God. I was incorrectly treated by a neurosurgeon in Westchester Medical Center in NY who did a discectomy and 6 months afterwards refused to acknowledge my disc re-herniated and I was becoming worse. The neurosurgeon was dismissive and black listed me from being admitted in Westchester. I went to Dr. Main who reviewed my case and decided that I definatly has a degenerative disc in the L5-S1 and told me I need a lumbar spinal fusion. I decided to get a third opinion for legal purposes in the University of Miami Hospital by Dr. Gottlieb Ortho Spine Surgeon who agreed. I had the surgery here in NY with Dr. Main in May of this year and I am almost feeling better than ever. I HIGHLY recommend any patients with back or spinal problems to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Main is an angel from God. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, he was there for me before an after the surgery and very punctual. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

I was told and almost rushed into a surgery that was not necessary by a surgeon and that lead me to Dr. Main for a second opinion. He sat with me for almost an hour on two occasions to help me understand and re-assess my options. No other words that express my feelings toward him except that HE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! If the world were fillled with doctors like Dr. Main, we would all live to 100 years old!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN NYC. wHAT A WONDERFUL, TALENTED, HUMBLE, CARING, MAN. i CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GREAT ADJECTIVES ABOUT HIM. HE REALLY CARES AND TREATS YOU LIKE FAMILY. YOU CAN TELL HE IS NOT IN MEDICINE FOR THE MONEY HE TAKES HIS TIME WITH YOU!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU :)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr. William Kennedy Main's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)