Ratings for Dr. Ashok Kadambi

I couldn't be happier with the doctor and staff and I feel like my life has been given back to me!!! He listens, he understands and I intend to send my son and daughter to him. That should tell you how much I respect and trust him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

This doctor is a real jerk off, thinks he is gods gift to life

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

I haven't felt this good in 7 years, Dr. Kadambi listens and tests accordingly.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Did not have a chance to meet the doctor. Waited for nearly an hour and had to leave due to the time issue. They all insisted to have the blood work done on the premises that is a bit weird. As if other certified labs are not good enough to have your tests right. They charge you 50$ for a missed appointment. But what about waiting for a doctor for an hour? I showed up but find it disrespectful to the patients to keep them wait for so long.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Love this doctor. After my experience with another endocrinologist in Fort Wayne, he is a breath of fresh air. On time, helpful and doesn't push drugs on you that you don't need. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I the beginning I felt that Dr. K was very good. He actually took the time to figure out what was wrong with me... he just didn't explain it very well. After I had my diagnosis, he handed me off the nurse practitioner. She does listen to me, but doesn't take my symptoms into account. I hate that you have all labs drawn there and you have to wait 1-2 weeks for results. Also, while I understand the appeal for compounded bio-identical hormones, I don't necessarily like getting my meds from a pharmacy in New York. I live 10 minutes from a compounding pharmacy and that would be cheaper and more convenient for me, not to mention the cost associated with the compounded meds. Also, one medication that he prescribed for me has to come from a specialty pharmacy. The pharmacy that is contracted with my insurance will not fill for him. So, I have not been able to take that med for over 2 months. Already scheduled an apt for a second opinion...

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I don't doubt that he knows a lot about his field, but he just seems like he's in it for the money. I felt as if I was being treated like an animal, he took almost no time to talk to me about my symptoms and did not give any factual information as to why he was prescribing what he was. It also takes an awful amount of time to get your dose adjusted since the appointments are scheduled months apart and labs must be done at his office, so then you don't get a dose adjustment until a week or after your appointment and then it also has to be sent from a specific pharmacy in new york. He to get a base he knowingly lowered my thyroid much lower than it needed to be for months, knowing that I would get the low thyroid symptoms. He just didn't seem to take my suffering into account when prescribing. It just seems like he has created different formulas to treat different subgroups of patients and doesn't really treat the true individual.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Kadambi for aprx 10 years. He has been treating me for Addison's disease with great results. His prescribed treatment enables me to live a normal life. He has also done wonders with my mother's diabetes. She needed to see specialists in Indianapolis because no one in Fort Wayne was able to manage her illness. Her diabetes is under control now and she does not have to visit doctors at Indianapolis thanks to Dr. Kadambi. He accepted her as a patient and got her diabetes under control. I shared my experience with many people and one of my friends drives from Chicago to see Dr. Kadambi for her illness. She is also very pleased with results. Staff at Dr. Kadambi is very pleasant and knowledgeable. They return phone calls on time and are always available for questions. They treat me there as a patient not as a number. And most of us have been to doctors that treat people as a number. Dr. Kadambi and his staff are the best at what they do.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Ashok Kadambi's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners
Medical Mutual Of Ohio
Multiplan
Wellcare Health Plans
Wellpoint

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I couldn't be happier with the doctor and staff and I feel like my life has been given back to me!!! He listens, he understands and I intend to send my son and ..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is a real jerk off, thinks he is gods gift to life"

April 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Kadambi has a very nice car and can read a lab spec, in this town that the best you will get"

September 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A quack to the end. Sells junk from his office you don't need. Lab tests are done too often, too many, very costly. Many doctors are less expensive. "

August 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I haven't felt this good in 7 years, Dr. Kadambi listens and tests accordingly."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Did not have a chance to meet the doctor. Waited for nearly an hour and had to leave due to the time issue. They all insisted to have the blood work done on the..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why the f#@& is this doctor billing my insurance ridiculous amounts of money when I have never heard of him or even been to Indiana!?!?"

October 27, 2014