Ratings for Dr. Marius Maxwell

Excellent service and a very smart surgeon. Kindhearted also.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I had back surgery about 3 weeks ago at Arctic Spine.I'm so glad I had it done.No more pain.I feel like I got a second chance on life.Dr.Maxwell went over the MRI and x-rays with me and explained the whole procedure thoroughly.Lucy took care of all the insurance work before hand so you don't have to worry about that.The nurses were great.They make you feel comfortable and relaxed.You really get the one on one experience.They were a really top notch professional team.If you are considering neck or back surgery I highly recommend Arctic Spine

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

andFor two years of pain I went to maney pain DR.My legs

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I'm writing this for those who are looking at having neck or back surgery. I live in Kodiak Alaska, and flew to Arizona afew years ago to have neck surgery at the laser spine institute. I was pain free for a few years but my disc got worse, and needed to have a more serious surgery. I found Dr. maxwell at the Arctic Spine institute in Anchorage Alaska. I needed to find a place close to home so I didn't have to travel out of state. Dr. maxwell called me personally to discuss my MRI, he told me his game plan and said he could fix me and relieve my arm and neck pain. The morning of my surgery I was scared and very nervous, but I had a wonderful nurse named Jessica. She was a sweetheart that calmed my nerves, and helped me through the prep to surgery itself. When awoke a few hours later my arm and neck pain were gone, I was only sore from my neck incision, and from my breathing tube. The pain was much less than what I had previously had after my surgery at the laser spine institute in Arizona. I was able to walk out from my operation just after afew hours later. I now have a second chance at being pain free thanks to Dr. Maxwell and his amazing staff! I'm currently two weeks out from surgery, and am feeling much better. I just wanted fellow Alaskans to know there's a great opportunity to have excellent neck or back surgery here in Alaska, you don't need to fly to the lower 48 to get excellent health care. I found it at the Arctic Spine institute. I'd also like to give a shout out to ... Jessica,James, Val, Layla, and Lucy

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Over the years for lower back pain I had been prescribed various medications, chiropracty, MRI and referred to an orthopedic surgeon for review, and in turn referred to physical therapy. Nothing worked. Years later and after yet another debilitating episode and unable to perform my work duties I decided something had to be done. Researching options I decided on Arctic Spine. As it turned out it was the best possible decision I could have ever made. After contacting the center in short order Dr. Maxwell personally called me back, ordered a current MRI and met with me for a 1 on 1 review. Dr. Maxwell correctly diagnosed the actual cause of my pain and explained in detail the best and least invasive solution. Dr. Maxwell even took the time to perform a distal spinal block to confirm the diagnosis, something which had never even been mentioned in past evaluations. Arctic Spine's experienced staff, knowing my very limited time constraints worked with my out of network insurance provider to quickly approve all procedures. The whole process took 2 weeks, not months, and for the first time in over 20 years I'm living a normal pain free life. Arctic Spine is the only surgery center of its kind in the state of Alaska. Full service, 1 on 1 Dr. to patient care, fully outpatient. I was walking within an hour of surgery, relaxing at home that evening, and back to work within days. If I had to sum up the caliber of Dr. Maxwells professional care, his knowledgeable staff, and Arctic spine in a single word, I would have to say unparalleled.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Dr. Maxwell and team are amazing. My family physician recommended him after many x-rays and scans for cervical disk issues. I am grateful for the entire experience from initial meeting to post-surgery follow-up. Lucy worked with my insurance company to maximize coverage and minimize my out-of-pocket. I am pain-free and glad to recommend the entire Arctic Spine group!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I was recommended after my MRI to go to pain management. My husband had a previous operation with Dr Maxwell to correct his back with excellent success. So I took all my information to him to see what he could do. He and Lucy not only worked with my insurance company, which was out of network, but Dr Maxwell successfully corrected my spine and I have had no pain since the operation. He didn't over prescribe pain medication and was thorough with the medications he did prescribe. We are well pleased with Dr Maxwell and his entire team of professionals. I would recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I was being run through the mill at AFOC. I was told insurance wouldn't pay for surgery and I would need to see the PA for pain management and do extensive physical therapy through their office. I took my MRI and extensive medical history to Dr. Maxwell for a second opinion. He performed a nerve block to basically confirm the problem and my insurance company approved the surgery I needed with no problems. I appreciated that Dr. Maxwell doesn't overprescribe pain medicine for recovery either. I was pleased with my experience. Kari H 2017

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Kraylick performed my surgery in 2015 and he was proud of the surgery but I was still in pain, I found Dr. Maxwell and within one month I was pain free and him and his staff is so caring and knowledgeable that I wouldn't go to anyone else. Not only did Dr. Maxwell free me of pain he treated me as a human being not just a meal ticket then ignore me afterward. I ‘m referring everyone I know to him and his staff. If you want to be care for and helped …Go see Dr. Maxwell Dona S. 2017

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Maxwell and his office. I just received a micro disectomy for a ruptured l4-l5 disc. And now 12 days later I am pain free and have been since the surgery took place. This was my 1st procedure and couldn't ask for a better experience. From the initial consult to pre and post surgery everything was explained to me as to what was gonna take place and it all went as to plan without a flaw. I would recommend Dr. Maxwell to anyone with back pain just to get a professionals input. He told me right from the start what was gonna need to be done to fix the daily pain I was expierencing in my back and leg. An almost as to magic it was true as soon as surgery was over and I was back to i had almost zero pain and once 24 hrs had gone by the only soreness I had was from the incision. So I would like to thank Dr. Maxwell and all his staff for giving me relief and making it as easy experience as they could for me.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017