Ratings for Dr. John L. PEARSON

Have to agree with the last two posts. This guy has NO bedside manner and thinks everyone is druggie. I have adrenal insufficiency. If I have a traumatic injury or infection I can have an adrenal crisis. After 2 days of vomiting and diarrhea, I started getting sweaty, dizzy, muscle pain, blood pressue dropped... started going into adrenal shock. Pearson came in - very disinterested asked what was going on and what worked. Told him, IV hydrocortisone, nausea meds, and fluids. I was achy but nothing horrible and NEVER asked for pain meds. He gave me the meds... I said I was somewhat better but still not steady and my legs were weak and achy. Previously I was hospitalized for 4 days on IV hydrocortisone due to a similar issue. He wanted to call my endocrinologist. He told my endocrinologist that he felt I was drug seeking. Again - I never asked for pain meds. My cortisol was barely detectable but he said he wouldnt do anything else and was discharging me. I filed a complained with Northside - but its a peer-review process, they circle the wagons, found that he did nothing wrong, and stuck a canned comment about narcotics and pain management...again - hello - no one asked for drugs... this was my last visit to NorthSide and I feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck with this guy.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I went into Northside Forsyth today for unknown condition which is still unknown, Dr Pearson ran multiple tests for drugs which of course came back negative. I had slept for 15 hours straight prior and when I woke had symptoms like I was ****, loss of balance, speech, heavy arms, left arm uncontrollably twitching in left arm, had lightning flashes in eyes and overall lethargic acting. My bp was 192/112 and heart rate was 58 which is low for me. While at ER my bp came down within 15 min to 143/85 which is great. I came more aware of my lethargic condition lessening in that 15 min. I was completely normal prior to this happening and had taken nothing except tea and water, I actually ate a burger before getting to ER. The Dr was so completely uncaring and uninterested in my condition it was unlike I had ever seen in a Dr. Very unprofessional and he acted like i bothereom to even be talking to me. I'm o r 40 yrs old and have never beeely ipacted by seeing a doctor a r.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I am still shaken by the horrific experience I had at Northside Atlanta at the hands of Dr. Pearson. I came in with extreme pain and a visible wound related to an illness I suffer from. He refused to listen to me, cut me off twice, actually told me to stop crying and when I asked for a few minutes to think about going through with the surgical procedure he insisted I needed but had never had before, he was rude and scolded me telling me he "doesn't have time to wait on me and they need to turn these beds around!" After begrudgingly accepting the surgery, I asked him to be gentle- again, he mocked me, laughed and said it was going to hurt- deal with it. I was so scared and it hurt so bad, he was beyond mean. Honestly, I have no clue why this man went into a field where he's supposed to 'help' people. He was annoyed, nasty and completely non understanding. I suffer from a condition he was not knowledgeable about and kept simplifying my situation telling me I was wrong. After the painful

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I had the misfortune of ending up in Northside's ER twice in the last 3 months (once for pneumonia and once for uncontrollable vomiting). Both times I was fortunate enough to see Dr. Pearson. He was very prompt and very thorough. He was very concerned about stabilizing me and addressing my symptoms to insure my comfort. Hopefully you wont need to meet him, but if you do, you'll be in good hands.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. John L. PEARSON's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)