Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. GABRIEL

Very please with Dr Gabriel. Been under his care for over 8 years. I recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I have been with Dr. Gabriel for 2 years; never encountered staff member, Alex (maybe he's gone now?). There was a problem with being able to reach anyone by phone; that has been corrected. All staff I have encountered have been friendly and helpful. The doctor is superb in his manner and in his abilities. My mother and my husband also see him and admire him. He has made diagnoses for both of them that other doctors missed. For example, my mother walked on a broken leg for THREE MONTHS until she told Dr. Gabriel about the extra pain that all other doctors attributed to arthritis. He took over, got a diagnosis, found her a reputable surgeon, and it was corrected within a few days! When my husband had an emergency appendectomy, he came to the hospital and ensured that he wasn't released 24 hours later (as the surgeon ordered) because he was having difficulty with blood pressure, pain control, and other issues. Without the doctor, my husband's recovery would have been much longer and more difficult. My family highly recommends him, his PA (fairly new to the office), and the rest of the staff.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I dont like doctors at all...but i felt very comfortable that dr.gabriel was my doctor......hes very polite and a very sensitive man......im a life long patient

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I'm admin to be honest. Dr. Gabriel has been a very kind and caring doctor to me. However the staff has often been rude and uncaring to my needs, questions, and concerns. Not to discredit the entire staff, I would say that the office manager Alex has demonstrated on numerous occasions that my care, questions and concerns can be voiced but not taken into serious consideration. He has offered advice such as seeking other pain management care elsewhere. Stating that he's trying to help when not allowing me to express my concerns with the doctor or ask other staff questions. To conclude my comment I say Alex don't represent or demonstrate the beliefs and hosolic concept that is printed under Dr. Gabriel's profile. In addition Dr. Gabriel offers to address the whole human being needs and treatment. Always room for improvement! Alex should be terminated in my opinion. Surely we're all entitled to our opinions especially honest ones. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Gabriel is wonderful, except he has staff that gives him a bad name.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I felt he is a salesman of unnecessary procedures. switch now.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr J Gabriel and Dr L. Trevino have both been good to me. They have been very helpful in finding different meds/options that work for me and if something doesn't work, they get right on it to help. Both are Christans and have great morals and have that personal touch. Not sure why others have issues with staff....been there over 2 y and staff is always awesome except Alex. I agree he should not work with pain patients with his non caring attitudes. Do not let others discourage you. Go see either one. I really am very grateful to them both, I could not continue working without them. Also, they are on time with my meds.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Doctor Gabriel's staff, in particular Alex, need to be in some type of business in which they are not dealing with people in any capacity whatsoever. The fact that they are in a medical profession that is supposed to relieve pain and all they seem to know how to do is be unresponsive and increase anxiety and pain for a patient when people come to this office for help is a cruel joke that no one should have to endure on this earth. These people must be devils, because they can't be human. Don't go to them; run from them. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr Gabriel's staff is rude, obstinate and indifferent at best. The doctor himself will not call or receive calls from patients as a matter of policy. He was supposed to oversee my pain management after back surgery over the weekend. Instead of being available to effectively coordinate my care, he insisted on doing everything over the phone. I was writing in pain for days until my surgeon took over the following week.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Been with Dr. Gabriel since he was at Premier Pain, has had own clinic for 3 yrs. Staff is slow to respond and at times rude and uncaring, but I would not trade Dr. Gabriel for anything! He was the first doc who bothered to get me stablized. b4 that I had gotten a lot of flak from base docs and no one doc long enough to really try to find out what's wrong. Dr. Gabriel will take his time with you, make a plan, and follow through. It's up to you how far you go! Good luch with your pain mgmt! :)

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011