Ratings for Dr. Shannan M. Murphy

I've seen Dr Murphy several times and she is horrible. Only thing she is capable of is shoving a antidepressant script or two at you and telling you to come back in 3-6 months, preferably 6 months. It's unbelievable since she's supposed to be an internist who should be able to handle a patient with complex multiple health issues, but that is not the case. She does the most bare min. Blood work and doesn't want to investigate any persistent health complaints. I have a chronic disease ( Chronic Lyme disease) and she is 100% not able to assist me with any symptoms or treatment of any kind. She has zero knowledge of my disease, yet makes no effort to educate herself on my problems in dealing with this even though she has been told I have not been successful in finding a lyme-literate MD to treat me. I told her at one office visit that I was going days at a time without sleeping and would like to explore some medication options. Severe insomnia is a classic symptom.of lyme and Murphy was told this, but she flat out refused to prescribe any medication....told me medication is too addictive and she never prescribes it to any of her patients and if I didn't like that I could see one of her colleagues. Ridiculous. Find a different Dr if you need more than a tetanus shot or bandaid, that's all she's really prepared for, imo. (0/10)

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Shannan M. Murphy's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)