Ratings for Dr. Kathryn L. Boyd
Dr.Boyd has been my OBGYN for years and she is the best! Don't get these negative reviews? Yeah she is blunt, but if you get to know her, she is hilarious, caring, and honest. She is always willing to go the extra step to insure I am healthy and happy. I've had pre-cancerous cells the past two years and she's been there every step of the way. Love her!!
Dr. Boyd was my doctor for my first born son who was born 6/1/06. She induced me because my son's due date was the same day as her fundraiser walk was scheduled. She claimed it was for having too much fluid, but only 1 ultra-sound showed that. The rest were fine, I ended up having 4 different ultra-sounds to monitor the fluids. Half-way through the pregnancy she told me that I gained enough weight for the entire pregnancy. She said, "Go home and have a salad." Gee thanks. After I went home from having my son, I never saw Dr. Boyd again. I found a new doctor for my second son. Half as many tests were done and I had no wait time before my appointments. I wish I had left Dr. Boyd sooner. She squeezed every dollar she could out of my insurance for un-necessary tests.
Dr. Boyd was my Gyno back when I lived in Warren- I’m honestly surprised about all the bad reviews unless something has drastically changed. I had to have surgery (LEEP procedure) for some abnormal cell growth on my certix- Dr. Boyd performed the surgery and I’ve never had any problems since (this was back in 2003). I thought her bedside manner was okay and her staff was decent. Again, very surprised about all the negative reviews.
She is so rude, I waited in the room for her over an hr when I had other appointments that day because I was expecting. She made the comment about my insurance, so she had the right too! She put me down personally and my family without even talking to the source on the very first visit. (Sorry but if you have no clue what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut, IDC if you're a cnm or not!) Thankfully the staff there knew I was pissed and I wasn't going to come back, however from there on I was rescheduled with the other obgyn on my appointments and only had to see the hag on my delivery date for a little bit.
Dont even know where to start. Not only was my appointment 5 minutes long after waiting an hour, she was rude and honestly didnt hear any of my concerns. After my doctor of 10 years retired i was looking for a new doctor, and sadly found boyd. My 1st visit she was already trying to push me off to other doctors. I didnt have a illness or a syndrome, i am a fairly healthy 20-something and couldnt believe i was getting a card of another doctor, terrible. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone, and will NEVER see her again.
Dr. Boyd seems to always in a rush,induces all patients at 39 weeks and has a high c section rate. i only saw her for about 10% of my appointments the other 90% was with 2 other docters.when i did see her, she was rude and instead of answering questions i asked she just told me wht to do, so if you want to have your own birth plan, be respected and assured dont go to her.
Dr. Boyd told me to have my uterus out because it is low "or else it will fall out." I went for another opinion and the doctor sent me for therapy. I am doing fine. I am sooo happy that I did not have it out. She tried to scare me into having it done and in my opinion this is very unprofessional. What really scares me are the other women she must have told this to and they had a hysterectomy unnecessarily! Boyd told me this many times and I thank God I didn't take her so-called medical advice. I WOULD NOT recommend her practice to ANYONE!
I have had 4 pregnancies within the past 3 years - two were early miscarriages. Dr. Boyd has been nothing less than wonderful during those difficult times as well as with my two successful pregnancies. She has always given me extra time to ask questions. I must also add that I was high risk as well due to gestational diabetes at the beginning of every pregnancy. I also was on bedrest for both pregnancies. Dr. Boyd and her staff are very professional and sensitive. She is the best Dr. I have ever had...hands down.
Dr. Kathryn L. Boyd's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
- Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research