Ratings for Dr. Edward V. Craig

I'm a lifelong hobby dancer. In 1992 I dislocated my (apparently already structurally lose) shoulder skiing. After 6 months of daily disciplined physical therapy and 5 dislocation incidents I went to Dr. Craig, who was at the time the President of the Shoulder Surgeons of America. You only get one body so I went to the top! I'll never forget how present, compassionate and reassuring he was. He drew a sketch of what was going on with my shoulder and what a healthy shoulder looked like. He instilled so much confidence in my decision to go under the knife. Despite his busy schedule, Dr. Craig made me feel his time with me was the most important thing in the world. The following year, I dislocated my left shoulder in a kayaking accident. I called him from the boat "Book me!" A few years later I wore a sleeveless wedding dress - the 4" fine line scars working right in with the natural folds of my skin. Now at 55, 27 years after my surgeries, both shoulders are 100%. I dance and do yoga 4 times a week, I backpack and lift everything! I think of Dr. Craig often. A most compassionate and skilled healer. Hello Dr. Craig! Life is good! * )

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr.Craig is, in my view, a world class physician. He would not schedule a visit with me until after reading my MRI report to determine if he could help me. He is very thorough and explores all feasible options before contemplating surgery. He thoroughly explained the surgery and what to expect for my total shoulder replacement (TSR) when it became clear this was the only option to follow to eliminate my pain and limited range of motion. I would not hesitate to recommend him or the Hospital for Special Surgery for any orthopedic issues. He never rushed a visit or examination and always made sure all my questions were answered before ending the visit. Staff is very friendly and helpful and responsive to any requests via phone or email.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Great doctor. Patient and caring. Does not rush into surgery...will try alternatives first if feasible.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Extremely patient and thorough in diagnosing , surgery, competency and followup. Does not operate if there are other options. Explains everything. A dedicated nursing staff who works very closely with him be it office or hospital.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Dr. Edward V. Craig's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1973)