Ratings for Dr. Richard P. Crane

Dr. Crane is a dedicated physician with an amazing staff.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Absolutel criminal! I've hired a malpractice attorney. He saw me for 7 years for a degenerative disease and barely took x-rays (1st year) and some years didn't even take blood tests. I am severely disabled today and had to find out from a different rheumatologist who I went to when I realized he wasn't doing anything. My new rheumy took a full set of x-rays (something he hadn't done in 7 years) and told me how advanced my condition was and I had very little options left. Crane knew it all the time and never told me a thing. Or maybe he never even looked at the x-rays or blood tests. Even when I questioned him about different drugs that I thought we should explore or when my spine started showing signs of "curving" which is characteristic of my disease, he would just say, "They're not for you and dismissed me." Well, they are for me now; I pray they help me. He needs to lose his license and I will do everything I can to make that happen. ANd I'm having a hard time getting my records.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr. Crane is not thorough which is a problem for RA patients. Every appt lasted less than 15 minutes as he simply scanned my blood tests for abnormalities. In the 2 years I saw him I went from having a very manageable condition to have to go on the biologics (the most serious of RA drugs currently on the market) because of severe structural damage to both my wrists. He wasn't taking into consideration that blood tests are sometimes not indicative of RA progression nor was he listening to my complaints about severe hand weakness, shaking, etc. I should have switched doctors early on because I knew he wasn't thorough but for a busy person, the ease of appointments and fast paced nature of office really appealed to me. For patients with serious chronic illnesses, this is NOT the doctor to see.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Very coompetent. Been his patient for about 12 years. Very knowlegable about medications and has adjusted mine over the years well. Always gives me a complete detailed exam and i have never waited more than 5 minutes after i step in his office to see him in 12 years

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Very solid & knowledgable doc. Bit of a choatic office though.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2006

Dr. Richard P. Crane's Credentials

• Polish

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1981)

Veterans Administration