Dr. Richard Tipperman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard Tipperman

Dr. Tipperman was not only a great Dr but he personally takes the time to make you feel very comfortable and answers all your questions. I would recommend him to all my family members, and I don't think when it comes to eye care there could be a higher recommendation. Chris Zaro

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Wow!!! I was skeptical that my high myopia could ever be corrected. Thank goodness for cataracts, and the skilled hands of Dr. Tipperman. He, and his entire staff, made the 2 surgeries so comfortable, and the results are astounding. This morning, I saw the stars in the dark sky, a first without glasses and contact lenses. Thank you, Richard Tipperman!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

At initial visits and pre op visit I told dr. Tipperman exactly what I wanted as a result of cataract surgery. Post op it was obvious immediately that Dr. Tipperman had put in the wrong lens. It was not only not a lens for reading but he had not used a lens to correct the astigmatism. I would not recommend him considering the outcome of my experience.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Tipperman is outstanding. I only wish I had this procedure (lasix and cataract) earlier in life so I could enjoy my better than 20/20 vision earlier in life. The office staff was amazing and the appointments were on time. The procedure was painless and the results were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

April 27, 2017 I recently had my pre-op evaluation by Dr. Tipperman. Being in medical profession, I can easily see the difference in the services his office provides. Besides being a gentleman, he is intelligent and thorough; he listens to patients’ questions/concerns and answers them all without rushing you out. His staff is also very helpful and well organized. I am going to have my cataract operation soon and have full confidence in Dr. Tipperman. Kishan Agarwal

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Have only one eye and needed cataract surgery. So I went to the best. I can see again. Thank you Dr. Tipperman and staff.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Tipperman and his staff were very pleasant and personable. I felt very comfortable asking any questions I had and they gave me straight forward answers. I absolutely recommend anyone with eye injuries or problems contact him and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr. Tipperman is a truly exceptional surgeon. I had cataract surgery and the incision was perfect. No pain or swelling, not even any noticeable discharge. Vision is perfect. The first review is correct, this guy is a genius. His staff is excellent as well, and the pre-op and post-op instructions are clear.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Came to Dr. Tipperman after a NY doctor botched my cataract surgery. I thought I was going blind. Dr. Tipperman undone damage the NY doctor did, performed a perfect cataract surgery using the newest state of the art technology, and now I can see again. Dr. Tipperman is a true genius. I am honored to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Surgery experience was ideal. Felt at ease before and during and vision was improved immediately after surgery.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Richard Tipperman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Richard Tipperman, MD is a graduate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York. He completed a residency at Wills Eye Hospital and served as Chief Resident in 1991. Since completing his residency, he has maintained an active practice at Wills Eye Hospital as well as at multiple area hospitals. Dr. Tipperman was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1992. He is a member of several local and national professional societies. His practice specializes in refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and management of complications of cataract surgery. He has authored numerous publications and has been awarded the prestigious “Best Paper of Session” award twice at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting. The first was for the study of clear corneal wound healing and the second for the first paper presented on intravitreal kenalog injections at the time of cataract surgery. He has performed live surgery at the AICCER OSN Congress in Rome, Italy. Dr. Tipperman was one of only 14 ophthalmic surgeons selected to participate in and perform the surgery for the FDA core study of Alcon multifocal intraocular lens implant. This lens received FDA approval in the spring of 2005 and was released as the AcrySof® ReStor intraocular lens. Dr. Tipperman lectures frequently locally, nationally, and internationally on topics involving complex and advanced technology cataract surgery. He has been listed as one of the Top Doctors in both Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today, and also listed as one of the ”34 Best Ophthalmologists in America” by Becker’s ASC Review. He was also featured in the March/April 2011 Issue of Premier Surgeon.

• English

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1984)

• Cataracts