Ratings for Dr. Richard Tipperman

Dr. Tipperman is outstanding. I only wish I had this procedure (lasix and cataract) earlier in life so I could enjoy my better than 20/20 vision earlier in life. The office staff was amazing and the appointments were on time. The procedure was painless and the results were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

April 27, 2017 I recently had my pre-op evaluation by Dr. Tipperman. Being in medical profession, I can easily see the difference in the services his office provides. Besides being a gentleman, he is intelligent and thorough; he listens to patients’ questions/concerns and answers them all without rushing you out. His staff is also very helpful and well organized. I am going to have my cataract operation soon and have full confidence in Dr. Tipperman. Kishan Agarwal

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Have only one eye and needed cataract surgery. So I went to the best. I can see again. Thank you Dr. Tipperman and staff.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Tipperman and his staff were very pleasant and personable. I felt very comfortable asking any questions I had and they gave me straight forward answers. I absolutely recommend anyone with eye injuries or problems contact him and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr. Tipperman is a truly exceptional surgeon. I had cataract surgery and the incision was perfect. No pain or swelling, not even any noticeable discharge. Vision is perfect. The first review is correct, this guy is a genius. His staff is excellent as well, and the pre-op and post-op instructions are clear.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Came to Dr. Tipperman after a NY doctor botched my cataract surgery. I thought I was going blind. Dr. Tipperman undone damage the NY doctor did, performed a perfect cataract surgery using the newest state of the art technology, and now I can see again. Dr. Tipperman is a true genius. I am honored to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Surgery experience was ideal. Felt at ease before and during and vision was improved immediately after surgery.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I had my first appointment with Dr. Tipperman recently and was very impressed. He appears very patient-focused and knowledgeable. I am actually looking forward to his removing a cataract.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Tipperman was highly recommended by a friend, and I could not agree more. He is not only one of the top leaders in his field but is also very warm, patient, and helpful. He also is conservative and doesn't push any type of lens as he does not have any contracts for commissions. Really the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

9/2/13 Love Dr. Tipperman. I liked him from the very first time meeting with him at his offce. I was a little anxious the day of my surgery but he has such a calming manner about him that I soon felt again that I was in very good hands. The procedure was so quick that I was in & out of the facility in no time at all. I now look forward to getting the other eye done & I am so thankful to Dr. Tipperman for letting me see the world around me again perfectly. May I also add that Dr. Tipperman's staff is also wonderful to deal with & that makes a patient feel very confident that they have made the right choice in doctors. Thank you Dr. Tipperman.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Richard Tipperman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Richard Tipperman, MD is a graduate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York. He completed a residency at Wills Eye Hospital and served as Chief Resident in 1991. Since completing his residency, he has maintained an active practice at Wills Eye Hospital as well as at multiple area hospitals. Dr. Tipperman was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1992. He is a member of several local and national professional societies. His practice specializes in refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and management of complications of cataract surgery. He has authored numerous publications and has been awarded the prestigious “Best Paper of Session” award twice at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting. The first was for the study of clear corneal wound healing and the second for the first paper presented on intravitreal kenalog injections at the time of cataract surgery. He has performed live surgery at the AICCER OSN Congress in Rome, Italy. Dr. Tipperman was one of only 14 ophthalmic surgeons selected to participate in and perform the surgery for the FDA core study of Alcon multifocal intraocular lens implant. This lens received FDA approval in the spring of 2005 and was released as the AcrySof® ReStor intraocular lens. Dr. Tipperman lectures frequently locally, nationally, and internationally on topics involving complex and advanced technology cataract surgery. He has been listed as one of the Top Doctors in both Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today, and also listed as one of the ”34 Best Ophthalmologists in America” by Becker’s ASC Review. He was also featured in the March/April 2011 Issue of Premier Surgeon.

• English

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1984)

• Cataracts