Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David T. Watson

I have had two partial knee replacements by Dr. Watson. With the first knee replacement, he kept me in good shape using injections. He told me “he would do surgery when my quality of life change”. He kept me going for 3 years before I had the first surgery which was a perfect experience. The 2 knee replacement was done much quicker. I had to have a second surgery because the sutures broke with two weeks and then I fell down the stairs in my home and required stitches for the same hurt knee. Dr Watson and his staff could not have been nicer to me.i never felt like he was too busy and when I wanted to cry, he always had a smile for me. The entire staff were so great. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME WAS HIS ATTITUDE ABOUT WHEN YOU NEED TO HAVE SURGERY, BECAUSE I KNEW HE CARED MORE ABOUT PATIENT CARE AND LESS ABOUT GETTING ME TO SURGERY TO COLLECT MORE MONEY. I KNOW ALL THE PROBLEMS TOOK UP MORE TIME BUT DR WATSON AND HIS STAFF NEVER MADE ME FEEL BAD.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I was very impressed with the overall timeliness of my recent visit. Dr. Watson and the staff were very prompt. I appreciate it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. David T. Watson's response
We are happy to hear you had a 5-star experience! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Submitted February 12, 2018

Looking forward to a flawless surgery by Dr. Watson and a timely recovery.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. David T. Watson's response
Dr. Watson and his team will take great care of you! We wish you the very best in your recovery period.

Submitted February 1, 2018

I had my left knee replaced by Doctor Watson and I had no issues. He is an excellent doctor. His staff is excellent and I would highly recommend them and have recommended them to co-workers and friends.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. David T. Watson's response
Thank you for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute!

Submitted January 3, 2018

I greatly appreciate Dr. Watson for saving my son's life . God Bless.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Dr. David T. Watson's response
Thank you for the kind words. Dr. Watson will be happy to see this.

Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Watson was the best for my surgery, I will be back for sure. Your office is quick & efficient. Great experience at a time when I was very scared and nervous. I feel like Dr. Watson gave me a huge part of my life back, I cannot say thank you enough.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I started to experience problems after a fall and saw Dr. Watson to be sure my prior knee replacement was not affected. He was wonderful!! I recently began having problems with my right hip and made an appointment to see Dr. Watson because of my faith in him and his staff. He will be performing a right hip replacement on me in late May. Knowing that my last surgical experience was very positive at FOI, I am confident that this procedure will have the same outcome.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Thank you Dr. Watson!! His staff is stellar and I would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Watson is an excellent doctor. He is very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Watson is an excellent doctor. He is very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. David T. Watson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Watson is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is fellowship trained in Orthopedic Trauma and Adult Reconstruction and Arthritis Surgery. He received his Medical degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He performed his Orthopaedic Residency and Internship training at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada and completed his first fellowship training in Adult Reconstruction at Cornell University Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. He completed a second fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma at Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, Florida.

• BCBS Florida