Ratings for Dr. Garth R. Smith

For 10 years I have had to deal with carpal tunnel in my wrist. I finaly was at the point where I could no longer grip a pen and write my own name. After surgery, I now have full fuction back in my wrist. It's been a year now since I had surgery and I am still doing great. Thanks Dr Smith!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

I broke my hand and Dr. Smith was great. I have full function of my hand now with no lingering complications. I trust him completely with any hand problems I have in the future.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

My wife is a physician and I am retired we are not from this area so Dr. Smith didn't know us or give special treatment. His skill level was fantastic and on par with the best in the country, he is highly knowledgeable about a very esoteric issue regarding cancer and the hand, indicative of his overall high level of professionalism. As to time issues I know the time demands of the job and would never hold it against any physcian who may run late as he strives to provide a high level of care to many patients. If you want a doctor to attend to you hand and foot the second you come through the door then go up to some small town and see the old retired guys that see a couple folks a month to make the truck payments.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr Smith is intelligent and kind. Did CTS decompression surgery on my hand with minimal scarring. He often seems rushed and/or over-scheduled, but will slow down, listen & explain things. He is nice, not arrogant. The staffers at AAOS are frustrating. At times they act like the patient is the pain.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Excellent hand surgeon, I had a very bad break and he did an excellent job. Also, a very nice person with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Extremely nice man. I have used his services twice so far. Extremely good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

do not use this doctor if you need more than 3 minutes of his time.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2006

Dr. Garth R. Smith's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD